LAN Servers

Clem0970

Me and my friend want to play PZ:onlinetest on a LAN server , but i don't know what address enter to join his server. I tried the IP " 192.168.1.XX " , but it didn't worked.. 

Can i have some instructions about how to create a lan server ? 

Thank you !

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/6016-multiplayer-faq/#LAN

To find out what IP to connect to, you can do this (with Windows, a different OS, can't help you.)

Start up cmd (use the search function of the start menu) and when it starts up type:

ipconfig

There should be one called "IPv4 Address" this should be the IP that you need to connect to (This needs to be done on the computer that's hosting the server to get the right IP address.) Of course you guys need to be connected to the same network, but that's a given. ;)

i already did all of this but it's all the same.. failed to connect :(

What about the port? Maybe this is the problem , i opened it for him , but maybe i have to do something else ! :/

I wouldn't of thought ports mattered if you guys are on the same network. Might be some firewall software that's stopping you?

What have you done to set up the server so far?

If he has Windows Firewall (or some alternate software firewall) enabled, he can either add the ports required to it, add java.exe as an exception or disable the firewall altogether.

Are you sure you should be connecting with 192.168.1.? and not 192.168.0.? His address should be in the 0 subnet unless it's been reserved for whatever reason.