41.78 UNSTABLE Released

nasKo

8 hours ago, NagashUD said:

Might be indeed, i play 6 month after apocalypse and just walking attracts hundreds of zombies around and follow pretty long ....

I just died after 6 months of surviving cuz a freaking crawler grabbed me and i couldn't get away for 3 whole seconds. No idea if it is normal. Hope update didn't mess with other randomized stats giving that crawler super strength. xD

41.78.3:

- Further reduced the chance of zombies to injure the groin.

- Changed back container max capacity display to the adjusted value when Organized/Disorganized traits are used. The previous change ended up being more confusing than what it was aiming to fix.

- Added logging of player injuries caused by zombies to the console when in debug mode.

- FileDifferent, FileNotOnServer, and FileNotOnClient errors will now display the absolute paths of both files. This should make it clearer that a mod might just have been using the wrong capitalization for a folder.

- Fixed incorrect pathing for masks on some clothing items which should fix clipping issues.
- Fixed spamming the 'manual floor attack' and 'shove' keys while aiming resulting in firing empty firearms and shoving distant zombies.
- Fixed not-crawler zombies sometimes injuring the feet or legs.
- Fixed assorted errors in food items' EvolvedRecipe parameters.
- Fixed error with randomized zombie senses.
- Fixed the Disable Bleach Poisoning setting in multiplayer causing issues when adding food to Evolved Recipes.
- Fixed sawing off a Double Barrel Shotgun not changing its weight.
- Fixed not being able to host locally with a nonsteam server.
- Fixed zombie hearing radius being too large.
- Fixed being unable to rip Varsity Jackets.

10 hours ago, nasKo said:

- Changed back container max capacity display to the adjusted value when Organized/Disorganized traits are used. The previous change ended up being more confusing than what it was aiming to fix.

Goooood!!!

On 10/24/2022 at 10:02 PM, vek said:

Let's continue the discussion of propane burners.
I used to take a welding mask and a burner with me when I went to the city for loot and dismantled all the plumbing, metal tables and chairs on the way, so I pumped the skill of gas welding.
It wasn't very realistic, but it was extremely convenient!

Several times I have pumped the gas welding skill up to 10!

Now, in order to pump the skill of gas welding, I have to carry a propane cylinder with me, because the gas supply in the burner is very small and it is not enough for anything.
This is realistic, but extremely inconvenient.

I think it's right to move towards realism, but I think making the game uncomfortable is the wrong decision.

I propose to find a compromise.

Let propane be spent on disassembly, but its supply in the burner will be much larger than it is now. Can it be like before?

I agree with you on this. Reducing the propane in a torch to 10 units is a very drastic change, besides it breaking every mod that requires propane its just unbalanced it seems.

A reduction of 50% would be better, 50 units in a torch seems more balanced for the game in its present state. Still unrealistic but the game needs changes first before such a big reduction.

I'm hoping eventually we can attach the torches to the cylinders like I do IRL. Different size cylinders, the large tanks, the 15lb tanks under grills and the small 1lb camping canisters would be a good addition to the game and by offering varying sizes we can choose which to carry for the job the character is intending to do.

• nasKo pinned this topic
On 10/20/2022 at 3:31 PM, nasKo said:

- Fixed being able to hold down keys while AFKing to grind nimble; now a check is made to ensure that the character has actually moved before awarding XP.

The way it's implemented in the unstable build has an oversight-- the game checks if both the X and Y directions have updated instead of at least one, and won't grant XP until the you've moved in both directions. Meaning if I'm traveling across Muldragh by only holding D while aiming I wouldn't get XP, and unless that's intended behavior, that doesn't seem right. Even in an isometric game where that'd be an uncommon circumstance, I think it's an easy enough fix to get it changed.

41.78.4 - November 4th:

- Added a display option to enable the new outline around highlighted containers.
- Changed ISCloseVehicleDoor to play the door closing sound when the action is completed instead of its start. This is to provide better feedback for players in cases where they have unwittingly cancelled this action.

- Increased the spawnrate of Thread and added the chance of Sewing Kits to spawn in gloveboxes.

- Adjusted duration of the stationary Pistol Whip animation, it's now the same length as the shove animation.

- Added Checksum logging for MP servers, enabled by default for now.
- NetChecksum logs are extended:
Client dumps logs into checksum.txt.
Client sends logs to server.
Server dumps logs into checksum.txt.
Server dumps client's logs into checksum-.txt.

- When sorting the relative paths of scripts and Lua files to determine load order, the relative paths are first converted to lowercase. This is to fix platform differences breaking checksums in multiplayer. It also fixes the issue where the same file might be loaded more than once if mods use different capitalization for the same file or folder.

- When the Sound.WorldSound.Render debug option is enabled, world sounds are rendered according to the Hearing sandbox option.
For Hearing=Random (where each zombie may have a different radius) sounds are rendered using the Hearing=Normal radius.
This does not mean that their hearing radius is not randomized, it only means that a world sound radius cannot be rendered on a per zombie basis in debug mode.
For Hearing=Pinpoint/Normal/Poor, meta-zombie hearing radius is rendered accordingly.

- Commented out the GunLight and Bayonnet entries in the foraging definitions; they're currently non-functional and confuse players, and were commented out of the loot spawn tables.

- Exposed the MediaData.MediaLineData class.

- Fixed players being unable to fire guns from inside vehicles under some circumstances.
- Fixed firearm damage being affected by the distance to the target.
- Fixed the infinite timed-action progress bar being displayed for actions that set useProgressBar=false.
- Fixed recently introduced bug that caused sounds to attract zombies from too far away.
- Fixed WorldSoundManager.getSoundAttract() not using IsoZombie.hearing.
- Fixed masking problems with Hoodie and Poncho being worn together.
- Fixed transparency issue with trouser texture.
- Fixed the rate of moodle and the heart (health panel) icon wiggling not handling ui offscreen rendering and uncapped framerate.

On 11/3/2022 at 11:45 PM, nasKo said:

- Fixed recently introduced bug that caused sounds to attract zombies from too far away.

Great news, I found it very strange how far my 'shout' was being heard from. It did cause a bit of chaos for a while.

7 hours ago, Bred4WarZ said:

Great news, I found it very strange how far my 'shout' was being heard from. It did cause a bit of chaos for a while.

Yeah, for me it was like every shout is a gunshot and every time I ran/hit a zombie they would be alerted in the radius of a default shout (a tiny bit smaller)

I play at 41.78.4 without mods. I started this game on 41.78.2.

Now I was doing cooking in the game.

First
I noticed that when you preserve vegetables, you put 5 eggplants or carrots weighing 0.2 kg in a jar with a lid, add water, vinegar and sugar, and in the end you get a ready-made jar weighing 0.5 kg.
Probably, it is better to fix and make the weight of the finished jar 1 kg.

Second
I found pizza slices, they give -25 hunger and -10 unhappiness.
Nearby I found a blank for pizza, which only needs to be cooked in the oven. I cooked, cut and received a slice of 6 pieces from one pizza prepared by me from a pizza preparation. each of the pieces gives only -17 hunger, but does not reduce unhappiness.
Is that right??

1 hour ago, mimo_za said:

I play at 41.78.4 without mods. I started this game on 41.78.2.

Now I was doing cooking in the game.

First
I noticed that when you preserve vegetables, you put 5 eggplants or carrots weighing 0.2 kg in a jar with a lid, add water, vinegar and sugar, and in the end you get a ready-made jar weighing 0.5 kg.
Probably, it is better to fix and make the weight of the finished jar 1 kg.

Second
I found pizza slices, they give -25 hunger and -10 unhappiness.
Nearby I found a blank for pizza, which only needs to be cooked in the oven. I cooked, cut and received a slice of 6 pieces from one pizza prepared by me from a pizza preparation. each of the pieces gives only -17 hunger, but does not reduce unhappiness.
Is that right??

Canning (and crafting in general) will be reworked for the next major build (B42) so nothing will be done for these atm.

Hotfix 41.78.5 - November 7th:

- Adjusted Type 3 and 5 Anticheat to reduce false-positives.
- Fixed zombie Pinpoint hearing not working as intended.
- Fixed not being able to empty rotten sacks of produce.
- Fixed infinite Propane Torch glitch when disassembling items.

Yesterday I tried to pump the gas welding as much as possible.
He spent all the propane he found at West Point, and I searched the whole city. But I was able to pump the gas welding only up to the fifth level. The sixth one was not enough for me just a little bit.

Played without mods on 41.78.4.

By the way, I didn't find a single propane tank in an auto parts store on the east of West Point.
Although, it seems to me, this is a place where there should be a lot of them.

At the same time, I found six chargers for car batteries there. And not one in the rest of the city!

Edited by vek

Hotfix 41.78.6 - November 8th:

- Multiplayer clients will now retry the GettingServerInfo request 3 times.
- Fixed Encoding of Radio and TV content for Chinese languages.
- Fixed lightbulb lifespan sandbox value error.

6 hours ago, nasKo said:

Hotfix 41.78.6 - November 8th:

- Multiplayer clients will now retry the GettingServerInfo request 3 times.
- Fixed Encoding of Radio and TV content for Chinese languages.
- Fixed lightbulb lifespan sandbox value error.

Hey, 

I assume this is Unstable too, correct? 

Also, just while you are at it, if a client fails to download the map, the only option given to the players are "Quit to Desktop". 
Wouldn't it be better to either give "Back to Menu" + "Quit to Desktop"? Or just "Back to Menu"? 
It's frustrating having to start the game client again because something went wrong downloading the map while joining multiplayer.

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Ralms said:

Also, just while you are at it, if a client fails to download the map, the only option given to the players are "Quit to Desktop". 
Wouldn't it be better to either give "Back to Menu" + "Quit to Desktop"? Or just "Back to Menu"? 
It's frustrating having to start the game client again because something went wrong downloading the map while joining multiplayer.

I support the proposal!!!

• nasKo unpinned and locked this topic
  • nasKo unlocked this topic
  • nasKo locked this topic