[41.77.7][Dedicated MP]Lua checksum system is not case sensitive with filenames, but OS can be and it causes..

UdderlyEvelyn

Lua checksum system is not case sensitive with filenames, but OS can be and it causes a mis-targeted "File doesn't exist on the client" for a file that does exist from an unrelated mod. In this case my mod UdderlyRP had a file called BetterFlashlights_Distributions.lua in media/lua/server/items and had other files in media/lua/server/Items (note the capital 'I'), and it reported media/lua/server/Items/CBX_MedBagLootDistributions.lua from ClothesBox Redux (2847911733).. This happens with a Linux server and Windows OR Linux clients. I tried moving the file from items to Items and it still overrides the lua file it was intended to in another mod (UdderlyRP is my server mod that tweaks things), so due to this I was able to surmise the lua system doesn't care about capitalization. I'm not sure of the precise nature of the problem as I did not dig into the Java end, I leave that to you. This is at least one cause of the issue I reported here:

Even if you don't fix the lua system's response to this sort of situation, it would be greatly appreciated if you could at least fix the way it reports the error to avoid misleading server operators, players, and modders.

Thanks.

Edited by UdderlyEvelyn

Hello! I'm the mod author for the STALKER Armor Pack. A bunch of servers reported about a lua checksum issue with my mod. And also a strange error regarding another mod (Mod Options), that eventually went back to my own mod.

What Evelyn posted seemed to fix the issue. I'll explain:

In my previous update of my mod, I had the folders "media/lua/Server" and "media/lua/Shared". The S were uppercase indeed. As per Evelyn's suggestion yesterday in the PZ discord, I updated the mod, changing the folders to "media/lua/server" and "media/lua/shared". This seemed to fix the issue for five servers that have already reported it works. Although Steam did not consider it an update on their end and they either had to completly uninstall my mod and install it again (after deleting the folders), or change the names manually, that's on Steam's end though.

From my chat with these server owners and moderators, some of them ran in Linux, and others in Windows.

Sometimes, other servers reported an issue with the mod "Mod Options", as if there was some sort of incompatibility. But there was nothing. And it seems it was exactly this issue, which somehow reported another mod as the issue.

If you guys need anything cleared up from my case with this issue, let me know. I am not a coder, and just an artist, so this has been giving me many headaches when people reported this about my mod.

Thanks!