Random Zombie appearance

krilton

I run a private server for myself and a friend along with another one for random testing for mods then lastly one for just myself. In the game for just myself, I use the mod "base in the forest" and I will have a random zombie appear inside the house. No walls, doors or even windows are broken so how is that possible?

• 2 weeks later...

This just happened "THREE" times... once just about an hour ago when I had to restore my map/notes that got deleted somehow, last night when I logged out outside without a weapon and about 2 days ago when i logged in after i finished sleeping. thankfully that time, i had my door closed. THIS IS REDICULOUS... what is the point of building up fences if the zeds just randomly appear inside of the walls?!?!?!?!?!?

amending, the recent time... i had 6 inside of the mods greenhouse and by the time i could react to get them cleared out... they practically destroyed it.....

I didn't realize you meant spawn while you were inside the building.

They're not supposed to do that. Possibly one was inside that you didn't notice?

I've been positive I've fully cleared certain buildings, only to have one lurking behind that I've missed, obscured by something or other.

I've heard that meta events tend so spawn zombies, so maybe that was the cause?

No idea what the deal is...

I've heard meta events are to meant to relocate for redistribution purposes. This is just scary and I haven't even lost power yet which i've set to go out in another month or 2. The lights seem to turn off randomly which also makes this more scary. I'm going to come home from a run of some sort, lights out and walk straight into a couple, enough of them to lock me into "dinner" for them, of zombies.

So it happened again, this time I was using the RV mod along with RV interior and slept\quit the game for the night. I resumed today and then when returning home "Base in the Forest", i found not 1 but 2 zombies. 1 in the garage area and the 2nd in the bedroom. Could it be because of the mod being located in a natural forest, that the game is doing it or could it be something with the mod is malfunctioning?

If you have cleared the building, and closed all openings, only to find one inside later without any broken windows or doors, then I imagine it is a bug of some kind.

Bear in mind, wall frames can be claimed through like open windows can, so if it's under construction, and walls are incomplete, then they are able to get in without breaking doors or windows. 

Maybe has something to do with the forest base mod. Try holding e near all the walls. One of them may register as a window/wall frame or some such, for some reason or a other.

I see that you OP have already gone to the comments section for the mod on the Steam workshop. That is where you can get the attention of the mod maker. Although the issue you reported there is not the same issue as you are reporting today. 

Mods are user-generated. All errors which occur from their use is to also be considered user-generated. Nothing at all we can do here. You gotta ask the mod maker to fix his map or else try to fix it yourself. 

Mod data can be found in the 'steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\steamapps\workshop\content\108600\' folder. Happy coding!

I did some looking around and the "night time meta event" is bugged. It was meant to spawn zombies outside your base but instead they spawn inside. So, I turned that off and go from there. I'll go on a road trip in my RV and camp out in that for a night then come back and see what happens. Even prior to, I've had my door closed when sleeping which on waking up, I've had one outside my door or downstairs. Crossing my fingers.....

Hmm..... walls under construction, hadn't thought about that. I'll give that a shot and see though I'm in the moving process and won't have, possibly, internet access for a couple of days.

Night time meta events are off now and have been for a couple of days which is just an amend to the above comment.

So riddle me this batman, I would horde generators when I would find them. So now with this zombie thing happening, I'm moving stuff to semi-trailers in hopes that when I clear the mod for the server to redownload I had began to move all the found generators to a small trailer leaving the original generator that came with the mod. Now.... generators are spawning in the garage area. Would you not say there is something broken? I posted a comment to the author of the mod which he has yet to reply. I had an odd issue with another mod and resetting the server to redownload that mod and now that mod works fine. Bazaar... 

Archived