Project Zomboid: I was bitten when I was in the car BUG

Nathen

• Version? 41.77 ( the last version )

• Singleplayer/Multiplayer? Singleplayer

• Host or dedicated? host?

• Mods? Never/No

• Old or new save? Same version 41.77/ new save

• Reproduction steps: I was trying to play PZ on singleplayer to survive years.
  When i survive 13 days on Apocalypse/NoMods looting almost the all city, baiting the most zombies out of city and the rest of them
  i get a gascan and fillet it, after that i fillet with it a car and i was thinking to kill zombies with car, the windows was intacted.
  when i was trying to kill a medium horde somebody bitten the air and i get the damage....

vidio proof

Your door was open. When you enter the car, the character takes a short while to close the door, if you interrupt the process by eg. opening the map or something the door will never be closed. Currently cars don't have animations for opening/closing doors so just make sure to give your character enough time to close the door before performing actions. You can see the process of closing the door with the newly added infinite progress bar above your character, when that disappears it means the door has been closed.

Maybe you can read again what i write and don't answer randomly because i was in already in car and i was moving with car. So don't tell me the zombie open the car bite and me on leg and after that close the door while i was moving

What GKuba is saying is that your door never closed in the first place. There is no indication of this but you can interrupt the door 'closing' and the game will consider it open. Even if you are able to drive around your door might still be open. Which is effectively what happened to you.

It is unfortunate that currently we lack a visual indicator for this.

Edited by Shakesbeere

I don't understand... I saw on youtube people which throw molotov or bait the zombies in camp fire to burn them and after that they get in the car and they stayed with 200 zombies around the car without getting bitting and i was just moving and u want to tell me that's normal? In what apocalypse game/movie did u saw a zombie open the door? or do u want to say to me the developer make the script for opened doors or closed doors? When u get in a car u hear the open door and after that u hear how he closed the door. Bro, no sense. Please i just wanted to see this post a moderator something to tell dev to check that script. Died like that after working some hours isn't funny and i don't want to hear about theories or conspiracies trying to normalize this bug.

We're not trying to normalise anything or put any conspiracy spin on it. It is just the most likely thing that happened and we're trying to help you. Of course you can consider this a stupid feature but let's please not come at each other.

A moderator confirmed it in this post (this also includes the oddity with the closing sound you mentioned):

Someone else confirmed it with their own research in this post:

You can check if these line up with your own experiences! :)

Edited by Shakesbeere

1 hour ago, Nathen said:

Maybe you can read again what i write and don't answer randomly because i was in already in car and i was moving with car. So don't tell me the zombie open the car bite and me on leg and after that close the door while i was moving

No need to be so rude. I answered your question best to my knowledge, this issue has been discussed before many times and it's not a bug, just unfinished feature. Mind that the game is still in early access. I've recorded a video specifically to show you exactly what happened to you and how to avoid it in the future.

In the video I used a car model that is only available in debug mode, this car is animated so you can see when the door is opened and when it's not. Also the car has full condition windows and doors despite them not being visible very well due to the model. As you can see you need to wait a moment for the door to close after entering it, if you start driving immediately the door will not close. Hope this answers your question.