Stan's Server: Iteration 2, day 2 [Public] [PvP] [on til 7am EST]

stancrispy

Hey Guys,

I hosted for the first time last night.  It was a fun PvE experience.  Today I'm going to try something a bit different.

No official rules for server, but I am asking that people treat the scenario realistically. This is mainly to say that there are few survivors and many resources so KoS seems... excessive.

Some people will still try and grief. My recommendation is we make a stronger community to defend against and exile such players.  Whether or not this will prove successful is, I suppose, what we will find out shortly.

***please do create a name for your character so that we can identify each other on chat***

Names can be created by simply typing in a name in the "username" field just above the password field before you join the server.

Cheers,

s

IP: 68.194.19.64

Well we have been up for a few hours... endured some griefing and spawn killing but now have a little community of five and everyone else fending for themselves...

i'm off for a bit but server is running.  If you do join please please do add a name before beginning.

i am having a fail when I try to join your server friend.. I am still looking for a group of people to play cooperatively and build up a defensive position and hold it from zombie and bandit alike.

if your server is done just let me know and I will continue my search

This server had a couple groups that were getting set up for that but then the server crashed lol. I think this server might be what you're looking for though

Hey,

I just checked on our house before bed because I hadn't checked the server since it crashed.  Looks like all is in order, but I was off so long I have no idea what the other group is up to.

I will put it up after work tomorrow... sometimes I am home as early as 5 EST, but other times I can't get off until later.  Anywayz... i'll let let ya know.

Alright ladies and gents, think of this as one last crazy night... hierarchies upturned, friends turn on one another, souls bought and sold.  Tomorrow will be reset so get while the gettin's good.

I realize this is a change from the original intent but... tomorrow is a new day, let's shake things up.

Anyone who cares to share something amusing/surprising/infuriating from the last few days would be welcome to do so...

Any suggestions for tomorrows reset are also welcome.

Cheers to everyone who played.  ttyl

it's up now and reset... a veritable blank canvas, ladies and gents.  I don't know if anybody would be into this, but some dialogue on this forum about who is doing what and what who is playing nice and who is making problems would be cool.  As it stands now I don't have any of the usual server features a game offers like getting to see a chat print out to know what was going on when I was away.  I'm thinking that this might give a bit more cohesion to the server and also let me know when people want resets, etc...

Anyway I basically put it up from somewhere around 7pm EST to the early morning hours.  I have run servers 24/7 for other games, but I just haven't seen enough interest/don't know enough about this game to start a full dedicated server.  Also, the lack of capabilities for me to tweak the server is kind of a let down atm.  That's not a shot a indiestone in anyway just an assessment of the current state of multiplayer.  I mean c'mon, I can't survey the map, I can't see chat while I"m away, and I can currently enter zero server commands afaik...

Still, this game is fucking cool so I will keep rolling the server in the evenings and switch things up based on any feedback I receive.

This server is great. Been running around with a buddy and him and I bolted straight up to the logging company. He was scavenging while I was barricading everything and things were going good. Funny moment where him and I needed to find food and we ran into town. In a urban house we were sorting our packs full of food and put our 8 sodas on the ground.

That was when we heard the window open. I yelled someones in the house, and we were struggling to get our pistols out of our pack. In the panic we ran out the front door as the bedroom door flew open and in barged the unknown man. 

I had my pistol out finally and ran up to confront him, reentering the kitchen I noticed all of the soda was GONE! For a moment I was bummed and mad, then I realized I had a gun. I jumped out of the open window he escaped through and jumped in the next house after him. FREEZE! I yelled when I saw him, holding my pistol up at him across the table. Thankfully he only had a melee weapon which he put away. Since I had such a good time getting my pop back I let him keep 3. My buddy and I walked out of the house leaving him there, fired a shot into the head of a nearby zombie and disappeared back to base. 

Anyways...I'm unable to connect to it at the moment and cant wait to join it again. 

That is fucking hilarious... and awesome. Dude, thanks for sharing.

I have to apologize I had to see the optometrist and then i got in an epically long bitchfest with my friend just now... finally put the server up.  I am going to run it until approximately 7am EST... Unfortunately I will be asleep for much of that so can't fix any crashes after say... midnight, but hopefully it is smooth sailing.

Did not reset so whatever you did last night is untouched.

Cheers all,

edit: What username are you using? And I would love to hear from the guy who made out with the three sodas!