Mac OS Tags ? Anything please....

mikehh9

Ya i finally bought the game for me and my son but we can't play MP cause I can't find a Mac hosted server  :cry:

Id like to do my OWN but I only see instructions for PC and Linux? I don't care if I had to pay money Id do it in a heartbeat. Love this game and am so happy its finally got the MP component.  (clyde)

Is it possible for mac to host a server in the current build?

I'd hazard a guess at 'yes, kinda', since I had one running at the end of last week.

I managed to log in okay and admin commands worked just fine, but it was a one-off and wouldn't run properly after that.

Haven't bothered firing it up since all the build 25/24 hoo-ha blew up.

The 'real Build 25' will hopefully resolve all of that, and then I may well launch my OSX PZ server exclusively for Mac users.

Curious to know what anyone thinks about that idea.

I'd hazard a guess at 'yes, kinda', since I had one running at the end of last week.

I managed to log in okay and admin commands worked just fine, but it was a one-off and wouldn't run properly after that.

The 'real Build 25' will hopefully resolve all of that, and then I may well launch my OSX PZ server exclusively for Mac users.

I would be dedicated if there is any possible way it could be 24/7.

FWIW, I think the best answer is "no client<->server OS limitation". I made a post about this elsewhere, curious what the response from the dev team will be.

Is it planned for Mac to only ever be able to connect to Mac? Or is everything supposed to be cross-compatible?

The current situation is entirely unintentional and will not continue in the future. The only limiter is who has what version of the game -- unfortunately, the online/server builds shipped to Mac customers are a higher version than that present in the normal version of the game.

I would be dedicated if there is any possible way it could be 24/7.

Shouldn't really be a problem. I don't know how solidly it will run, but I can reserve 4GB of RAM so it ought to be fine.

Once build 25 is properly up and I can test, I will know for sure.

It baffles me how this is still unfixed...

They said 2 weeks and that was about 6 days ago. So I'm hoping by next weekend maybe ill be able to play the game? I have played single player before and I just can't get into games that aren't MP anymore. It feels like a waste of my time like its all for nothing? 

I'm the same, I was happy that they had the MP option and I bought the game. As a mac user I expected to play it and try it, but no. Hopefully they can upload the build 25 with that fix so we all can play.