RoboMat's Modding Tutorials (Updated 12/11/2013)

RoboMat

Can someone direct me to a post where they explain the missing tutorial at the end? I'd like to be able to expand my traits and professions beyond allowing them to have a high Cooking/Carpentry/etc. skill. thanking you in advance!

I never wrote that part of the tutorial, but you can take a look at the lockpicking mod to see how we implemented the profession related stuff.

If you have more questions feel free to open a thread in the Help section :)

• 1 month later...

Ok so I'm having trouble getting it started. I have this:

This PC > OS (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Steam > SteamApps > common > ProjectZomboid > mods > testmod

And in the testmod folder I have media, mod.info (edited with Notepad++) and poster.png. By the way I just copy pasted the example mod and changed the ID in mod.info to id=testmod.

Thing is though, it won't show up in-game. Do you know what I'm doing wrong? I'm running 64 Bit if that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Thank you for the tutorials!

I'm creating a vehicle repair mod and running into a problem.

I have successfully incorporated my changes into the game but if I run it with another mod (filibusters cars) It shows the repair recipes for that mod as well and I dont want them to be there.

I can delete the file from filibusters mod (frvehiclefixings.txt) and it stops showing those repair recipes but is there a method to disable that file with some code so it only runs my vehicle repairs recipes?

Edited by hehehemann

All links to decompiling the Java source code redirect to the forum index. Does that post still exist?

Edit:

My mistake, new here. With all the stickies I just assumed they were the most recent posts and thought this place was horribly outdated :lol: turns out I was just horribly wrong.

Edited by Preston
Mistake