Dear diary..

Bearsan

Entry 1:

Sunlight's splitting through the store blinds as the sun rises far off in the distance, it's getting to early morning, and with that would be the possible scenario of other survivors scavenging for supplies, and maybe finding my hideaway here...I have made this safe..I am not ready...I am not ready...

I am not ready to face someone for something as simple as food and water!..I can take the ...undead but I cannot take the murder of a human life...not like the others have..I am not a monster like them... I am a human being dammit!

I am a human being...I am not a monster... I am a human...being...

…...

It's fully light now, and this is the first journal entry I have managed to pen down, and am happy to finally talk to someone! I know it's only writing words on a piece of paper...but it soothes me..makes me feel better and gives me something to look forward to at the end of the day. I have plenty of paper, a couple of diaries that span a few hundred pages, all neatly lined and ready for someone to pour their soul out onto...If I have one left that is... It's been about five weeks now..I have survived by constantly keeping moving..trusting no one and fighting smartly...

I saw our military fight them... I saw them and their "superior firepower" "tactics and intelligence" It didn't do shit in the end against them...not the unrelenting waves of them...

I am trying to remember the weeks leading up to this...but I can't..it hurts to remember them! It hurts to think of the death and the pain...the killing and the raping and murdering of innocent people when society broke down... A group of bikers...in a church....Oh my god...

I have to stay focused, stay alert and stay awake...because if I go to sleep..I will see them all the time...even if I close my eyes...but for a second I see them...wrestling with the last remnants of humanity..catching...grasping..killing...feeding...

There's blood everywhere...the floor... the ceiling..the walls... the windows..everywhere..its under my skin...it's fucking everywhere.. Those bikers..in that church...what they did to that group of women...Jesus...

I've got plenty of food! That's good. My scavenging runs are very successful. I manage to gather at least five days food every time I go out. That's at least eight months worth now. It's a lot of canned goods too! Fruit, vegetables, stew, soup and some baked beans. I find the perishables, and eat them first. Can't beat a good stew out of leftovers! I don't have many other things....Maybe I should write a list here. In case I forget later..

Food: Lots! At least eight months!
Water: Still have running water, taking showers once a week to save water. Drinkable but can also boil it too.
Ammo: I don't have any ammunition...or any weapons for that matter..I just ran.. or hit them with objects to get away..
Weapons: Again..none. Except this cricket bat. I added some nails to it, and taped the end where it had split a bit. It's a good weapon.
Misc: Got two torches, stuff to make a fire and sleeping bag and a big sack to carry it all in. Gas works too! Full tank of it as well. Will last a while as I don't use it hardly. Also the toilet works, which is a miracle in itself!!

I am in a small shop, off a main street down a side road. It's a little out of the way but it means I will not get steam-rolled through when they come riding past with their guns, their bikes and their "holier than thou" attitude. Fucking bikers...I hate them...

I have some good stuff! I know I would be useless with guns...but would feel better if I had one.. or do I really need one? The police and the army both had guns...as did the riot officers as well as their batons and shields. But they are all dead or escaped to another safer place...what I wouldn't do for someone to take me to a safe place away from this...I wonder if the government officials are okay? Wait...what am I saying...this was there fault! Or was it...there was lots of rumours...

I am tired..my eyes are heavy as I write this... I know I need to sleep..but the nightmares don't stop..and I feel better writing...I don't want to go to sleep...please don't make me go to sleep. Please...they come back when I sleep...

I need help, I need someone who can help me! I need a hero to come and save me in his fucking tank and kill the zombies! There I said it! ZOMBIES....I HATE ZOMBIES... They are everywhere...I can hear them...it's nearly nine am, and they are shambling towards the main part of town. Walking thankfully right out the front of my haven... they stroll...all rotten and deadlike towards where the main looting is going on...the big mall complex and the massive number of stores in this town.

An older man ran this store! He was called...Mr Warren. He was older than my dad, but younger than my Granddad. They are both...dead...Eaten..trying to save mum..as she was pulled back by the hordes...ever hungry voracious mindless flesh eating corpses...Mum died...Dad died..and Grandpa died... So did my sister, and my brother and my whole family..eaten alive by the horror staple these days... They did so many films recently...But they couldn't prepare us for the real deal..nothing could..not a life time of comics, movies or video games. We were not prepared... We got fucked...

I've got some hot coco...no marshmallows though. Which sucks. I always liked marshmallows especially the pink ones.

Mr Warren let me stay here after he saw my family die..he was a nice man. He had a daughter too. She is dead as well...I often think that I am the only one alive in this town right now.. If I have the last beating heart..the last active human brain..and the aching soul wanting a friend to hold me and say it's just a bad dream and we wake up..

...but that's bullshit...everyone is dead and the human race deserved this. We all did...

I am tired...my eyes are puffy and sore...my feet ache from the new boots I borrowed from a store that were waaaaayyy better than my trainers. But also I took some clothes too...some jumpers and t-shirts and such to survive on. I am not wearing the same pair of underwear for months straight! Last thing I want is that to get nasty and turn against me...

Their moans are carrying on the wind...it's a soft diabolic lullaby that signals the death of people who don't heed it's message. Mr Warren barricaded the doors into this place really well. It has two entrances, and a sneaky back-door that I use to go and raid stuff. But I have a key to the lock to get in and out. The others are barred up with thick layers of sheet metal. You would need a cutting torch to get in here that way! It's a soft cry..the way it echoes through the streets, filling the desolate wasteland that was once a thriving and busy town full of nice people. Now the people are still nice...

...if you are a cannibal.. and like your meat...rotten...

I am going to have to go out today again..I need to find a pharmacy and get some drugs and other useful health products. As it stands my first aid supplies are OK, but more would be advantageous. There is an ambulance that ended its life in a wall that leads to the shopping mall's car park. It didn't go through the wall totally, but it's back end it on my side. It's two blocks down the street.  I can make it if I am super careful and not make a noise. I will take my bat...my watch and a bag to store goodies in.. hopefully they will all have taken refuge in the mall...not the back of my truck that I so desperately need to be empty.. the nasty ones maybe thinking the same thing...

I am most likely an easy mark by how I look... but you don't need to know how I look? If you find this I will be dead...so there's no need to tell you how I look...so I won't...so there.

I am wrapping this little story here... I will add more when and if I get back..

Thanks diary..you made me feel better even if just for a little while..

...yeah I am human..just need a friend..everyone does. Now more than ever... we have to..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived