My Firts Mod Not Showing up in PZ

Cpt.Flapjack

Captain Flapjack here with an issue!

First off, I apologize if it's been asked before, as always, I DO surf around the forums just in case someone else has had the problem or a similar issue!

So I followed RoboMat's Modding Tutorial alongside RobertJohnsohn's instructions on using the mod loader, and my mod doesn't show up in the mod menu inside of PZ.

So here's some of the info I can give you:

- Tutorials I used:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/61-robomats-modding-tutorials-updated-12112013/

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/2011-how-to-use-the-modloader/

- Version: Steam Stable Branch (Version 23)

- My mod folder is placed in c:\users\MYNAME\Zomboid\mods

-my mod.info

name = My First Mod (1.0.0)
id = myfirstmod
poster = poster.png
description = My very first mod, hopefully a build up to great things :D

Does anyone know how or what's going on? I'd much appreciate it :)

P.s. If there is any other useful information I can supply, please let me know!

Evenin' capn'!

Could you maybe upload the files in a zip or write down the folder and file placement you have on your mod? There seems to be nothing wrong on the info file so my guess is that it's in the folder/file placement. I'm thinking that RoboMat's folder placement is a bit outdated. It might be what's causing your issue.

EDIT: I have to go to sleep now, but just try to follow the RJ's tutorial in the placement rather than Robo's. I'll try to get back to you tomorrow. :)

I had a quick look and couldn't find anything wrong. :S I can't help you much since I can't test it because my pc is in maintenance :( but I'll try to look at it tomorrow with fresh eyes. :)

Thank you man! :) I might try making a different one with only a little bit of quick .lua and see if anything shows up, I'm also going to try some other mods!

So I copied the whole mod, new name, and added it to the mods folder alongside the first mod, and this shows up in the mod loader..

76NAH.JPG

Show us the mod.info

Edit: I also don't know if it matters, but is mod id same as the mods folder name?

The original mod.info is in the OP, and the full file of the original mod is here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6yezu3hcjm1c4j2/MyFirstMod.zip?dl=1&token_hash=AAH7xasa38djCT-JLOF7MWtbREWxGbPgP4Qy4bilUyOe0A

I deleted my second attempted and it removed one of the entries in the mod loader

I was playing around and changing things, so now my mod shows up in the mod loader menu, but doesn't do anything/doesn't work :(

It turns out the spaces I had in front of all the "=" in my mod.info screwed it up :S Here's the mod now, which doesn't do anything :S

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6yezu3hcjm1c4j2/MyFirstMod.zip?dl=1&token_hash=AAH7xasa38djCT-JLOF7MWtbREWxGbPgP4Qy4bilUyOe0A

:D I was just about to suggest removing the spaces. Good thing you got that thing sorted out.

Did you restart zomboid after enabling the mod? It is required before anything will work. If you did, are you getting any console message when the actions are supposed to happen?

EDIT: Is this intentional or just a mishap:

local local function initTraits()
That's in the 4th row in the cheater profession.lua

Heya - first of all, you don't need the spaces before or after the '=' in your mod.info file ;)

name=My First Modid=MyFirstModposter=poster.pngdescription=My very first mod, hopefully a build up to great things 

One error in your script is here:

local function initSpawnPoints()    local spawn:        spawn = {            {                worldX = 10,                worldY = 6,                posX = 110,                posY = 8,            },    }        BaseGameCharacterDetails.spawnPoint.WestPointKY.cheater = spawn;end

The ':' behind local spawn should be a ';' (semi-colon).

If your mods don't work make sure to look at the console first, because most of the time it shows you directly where your error is ;)

@Suomiboi - I restarted, yep!

@RoboMat - Yeah i fixed that alongside another error (I was missing a comma) and the mod still refuses to work properly :C I check through the console and it loaded the .lua files correctly, nothing else related to my mod popped up,

Conclusion: I'll keep trying and/or start over and try again!

I've had plenty of problems with this sillyness writing in VB6 this year >.<

So I copied and pasted everything out of your tutorial RobotMat (I typed it myself last time) and it worked as it should! I'm going to go through my coding and your side by side to see what went wrong! I'm also going to mark this as solved with the earlier post I made about the spaces before the equals sign! Thanks everyone! :D