Dried Fruits (and Veg!) by Basseri

Kerilynne

******* DOWNLOAD LINK ******

**** Download can be found HERE ****

This mod allows you to take certain fruits and vegetables, some garden-grown and others fridge-found, and dry them out. Without all that moisture, I bet they'll keep on your shelf for a while...

MODS_03.png

What this mod does:

• This mod lets you preserve most foods so they don't go spoiling on you...

What this mod adds:

• Some custom recipes with sprites. Not a whole lot. Oh! And a drying rack. I guess you'll need that...

How this mod works:

• It's pretty easy. Just put a certain amount of fruit/veg in your inventory, put the drying rack and a kitchen knife in your inventory... and you're good to go!! How much fruit/veg? I'm not telling. Play around! Most recipes are at least four, though.

Planned features:

• Mod Loader compatibility!
  • More dried items!
  • Only allowed to dry items outside... (makes sense, right?)
  • Any other ideas?

How to install this mod for now:

• Drag and drop the main folder into media > lua and you're set!!

Any bugs?

• Not that I'm aware of. It runs fine on my game after extensive testing. If there's a problem, let me know...

******* DOWNLOAD LINK ******

**** Download can be found HERE ****

Code by Kerilynne

Sprites and debugging by Bassair

This is a great idea, but instead of never spoiling maybe just make thee dried food spoil after weeks or months? And maybe also add dried meats or jerky, when they add hunting? They already made a bunny model, so yeah. Anyway great idea... :D:)

I would! ... but I have some self-dried banana chips and apple slices that're on my shelf that I dried... *counts on fingers mysteriously* over two years ago  :-D But if you find the item you'd like to have a spoil date and put the Fresh/Rotten commands in...

DaysTotallyRotten	= [number of days desired, without brackets],DaysFresh	=	[number of days desired, without brackets], 

then you should be able to configure it to whatever gameplay style you'd like, if you wanna play a little more hardcore than this mod is configured for ;)

So for example, if you wanted banana slices to rot in 30 days, you'd open up "dried_fruits.txt" and then...

item  sundriedbanana			{				HungerChange	=	-15,				Weight	=	0.1,				Type	=	Food,				DisplayName	=	Dried Banana,				Icon	=	banana.png,				CustomContextMenu = Eat,				DaysFresh 		=	30,				DaysTotallyRotten 	=	35,			} 

If I'm not mistaken. And I could be very mistaken. O_O Most of you probably know how to do this, so if I'm doing it wrong, lemme know. ;)

These kinds of personal-use tweaks you are more than welcome to make, without asking for permission. :3

This is a great idea, but instead of never spoiling maybe just make thee dried food spoil after weeks or months? And maybe also add dried meats or jerky, when they add hunting? They already made a bunny model, so yeah. Anyway great idea... :D:)

I would! ... but I have some self-dried banana chips and apple slices that're on my shelf that I dried... *counts on fingers mysteriously* over two years ago  :-D But if you find the item you'd like to have a spoil date and put the Fresh/Rotten commands in...

DaysTotallyRotten	= [number of days desired, without brackets],DaysFresh	=	[number of days desired, without brackets], 

then you should be able to configure it to whatever gameplay style you'd like, if you wanna play a little more hardcore than this mod is configured for ;)

So for example, if you wanted banana slices to rot in 30 days, you'd open up "dried_fruits.txt" and then...

item  sundriedbanana			{				HungerChange	=	-15,				Weight	=	0.1,				Type	=	Food,				DisplayName	=	Dried Banana,				Icon	=	banana.png,				CustomContextMenu = Eat,				DaysFresh 		=	30,				DaysTotallyRotten 	=	35,			} 

If I'm not mistaken. And I could be very mistaken. O_O Most of you probably know how to do this, so if I'm doing it wrong, lemme know. ;)

These kinds of personal-use tweaks you are more than welcome to make, without asking for permission. :3

Ermmmmm...... I have no exp in modding and programing, but I looks very simple :)

• 1 month later...

I have tried everything possible not to post this and I didn't want to start a new thread. I was wondering if I can get some help getting this mod and the juice mod working for steam build 23(it says it's supposed to work with 23). I have the canning mod, necroforge and crafthelper working. When I look in the crafthelper menu the option to dry fruits and veggies is there except for one thing. Where do I get the drying rack? Also I have extracted to steamappps/media/lua because it says to put it in that folder if I'm not mistaken and that is the only media folder I see. I also tried to install in the mods folder and I'm still getting nothing. Can I get the exact spot to put this-and does it need to be zipped possibly? Thank you in advance sorry for the bump.

• 2 weeks later...

if you are using version 25 you have 2 options, fix the file path to:

\media\lua\server\BK_DriedFruits_Distribution

To fix the distrubution of it on the map.

and/or

to craft it add this:

recipe Craft Drying Rack			{				nails=5,				plank, 				keep hammer,								Result:dryingrack,				Time:80.0,			}

to:

\media\scripts\bk_driedfruits\recipes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've install the last mod version (The one who works for the build 27), but i can't craft the drying rack. When the mod his activate, i can not saw my wooden logs and craft something with my planks, like traps or something. When I disable the mod, everything is clear.

Can you help me with this ?

Thank you !

PS : I'm sorry for my bad english

Here's a fixed mod file for anybody who wants a version that works with build 27. You're welcome! :D

Edit: Fully converted code into build 27 code, and also added in all the other fruits/veggies 'cept berries and watermelons, due to bugs

Bah.  I did this awhile ago, I just thought we weren't allowed to post updates like this without permission.

Here's a fixed mod file for anybody who wants a version that works with build 27. You're welcome! :D

Edit: Fully converted code into build 27 code, and also added in all the other fruits/veggies 'cept berries and watermelons, due to bugs

Bah.  I did this awhile ago, I just thought we weren't allowed to post updates like this without permission.

That rule definitely needs to be revised. Mods are there for the community, not to make money off (at least if its to be published here and furthermore following the modding rules established by TIS). So I don't see any reason as to why such updates can't be done by other forum members when the original author is obviously no longer actively supporting the mod. Instead of asking for permission there needs to be some grace-period before the rest of the community can look into supporting a mod themselves.

So, in which folders should the files go?

That rule definitely needs to be revised. Mods are there for the community, not to make money off (at least if its to be published here and furthermore following the modding rules established by TIS). So I don't see any reason as to why such updates can't be done by other forum members when the original author is obviously no longer actively supporting the mod. Instead of asking for permission there needs to be some grace-period before the rest of the community can look into supporting a mod themselves.

Agreed.  I didn't just update this, I added new recipes and redid a lot of the graphics.  I sent it to a couple people via PM who asked for it, but I am still totally afraid to post it lol.