Infinite "Getting Server Info"

AtomHeartGramps

Hello everyone, I've been trying to host a server for the first time, got around 40 mods up, booted everything up and I got stuck on the "Getting Server Info" step during the loading time for 40+ minutes. I've just been wondering if anyone got the same issue and if it's fixable. My setup is quite alright as I reckon, it's 1660Ti and 12Gb of RAM (6 dedicated to the server itself).

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Nicklesss said:

Hi, I seem to have the same problem, I just stuck on a "getting server info" loop, some help would be appreciated.
I'll send the logs.zip to save you the trouble of having to ask them.

logs.zip 2.01 MB · 0 downloads

Would need more info from you, which server are you getting the problem at? Because the other player had it while Hosting a server.

Hi, yes I should especify a bit more, hehe sorry about that it was a bit late when I sent this.
I'm trying to host a server on one of my computers, the server opens, when I try to connect to the server the connection get's stuck on "getting server info", I tried connecting with the PC that the server is alocated and with a laptop and both got the same result.

The server also doesn't show on the online tab I can only connect if I manually put the IP but that's a lesser problem.

It looks like there is an error in the server list, which perhaps could cause this issue, go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" and delete everything there except the "Saves" folder and after that verify your game files on Steam and see if that helps?
Steam Library > Right click Project Zomboid > Properties > Local Files > Verify Local Files

Hi, folks! Did you install the server via Steam or SteamCMD?

I was running into the same challenge when using the server installed via SteamCMD on Windows10 (installed via SteamCMD command, 'app_update 380870 validate', as per PZwiki.net). I could verify I was successfully connecting because I could change the port and get "server not responding" but change it back and get "getting server info".

I attempted installing the server via Steam under tools and was able to successfully connect this server using the exact same settings utilized when attempting to setup and connect to the SteamCMD version and it speeds right past to, "joining game" using the same saved "favorite" connection that was not working with the SteamCMD installed version. *I did delete all files in '%userprofile%\Zomboid\' before starting the Steam server*

Hope this may help you or other!