Modding wheels?

EdwardZNorton

First I apologize if this is in the wrong place, I'm extremely new to the forum. My question for the experienced is: Is there a way to make an object rotate on the steering axis without having it rotate on the spinning axis? The mod I'm working on has brake rotors and calipers and anyone that knows vehicles knows that the rotor spins with the wheel when you're driving but the caliper stays in one place, and when you turn both the rotor and the caliper turn with the wheels either left or right, and before anyone can jump the gun and go "but the wheels are small details and you're certainly not gonna be seeing that kind of detail". . . . I'm aware but still I would like to keep that little detail there because when you have the wheels turned to the maximum, if the caliper doesnt turn with the steering, it'll be a clipping object in the wheel well that you will be able to see under certain conditions and I want to avoid that! 

• 1 month later...

I'm not good at car modding, but as I know, it's not possible to add any animation to the car at the moment. You may notice that trucks with more than four wheels have only four animated wheels, and all the others are fake. Maybe I dreamed it, but I read somewhere on the forum that it will be fixed in the future.