any questions about ireland

123Imirish

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a train of Irishmen drinking Guinness sets out from Limerick at 9am and travels at a steady 50mph whilst the Passengers drink one round every half hour AND another train sets out from Donegal at 9:30am with a similar group drinking at a rate of one round every 20 minutes with the train travelling at 65 mph and considering that both sets of passengers will start being violently sick out out the train windows after 6 rounds and that both trains are heading towards each other - than at what time will the projecting streams of vomit intersect?

P.S This a stupid question but I will be impressed if anyone can genuinely work this out!

Edit: Also is an Irishman drinking Guinness on the train capable of answering this?

If a train of Irishmen drinking Guinness sets out from Limerick at 9am and travels at a steady 50mph whilst the Passengers drink one round every half hour AND another train sets out from Donegal at 9:30am with a similar group drinking at a rate of one round every 20 minutes with the train travelling at 65 mph and considering that both sets of passengers will start being violently sick out out the train windows after 6 rounds and that both trains are heading towards each other - than at what time will the projecting streams of vomit intersect?

at exactly stereotype p.m

What cheese is Ireland known for producing?

Also over to Baron, Huzzah!! (He'll know)

Not a big fan of cheese.

How is it that when two irish folk talk to each other, they don't finish the sentence, use vague wording and are still able to understand each other while all around them are lost as to where the conversation is going and what is being discussed exactly?

As an Irishman I do not condone this thread nor do I condone the treasured secrets that are being handed out here... (or rather lack of such secrets)

Also, anyone who has Irish in their username is not Irish but an imposter, and must be sent up the north beyond the great wall.

@Keepbro An Irishman's intellectual pursuits are boosted by downing a pint of the black stuff, so yes... I shall answer said question after a few pints.

Why can't irish catholics and protestants not make love instead of war?

Im  not a catholic or Protestant so I have no clue. Plus it's not really like that down here that's more in the north 

How is it that when two irish folk talk to each other, they don't finish the sentence, use vague wording and are still able to understand each other while all around them are lost as to where the conversation is going and what is being discussed exactly?

Because we are all Psychics.

Why wont you share your leprechaun gold with the rest if the world?

Because Leprechauns don't exist maybe?

Why can't irish catholics and protestants not make love instead of war?

its also more of a political thing. Its because in the North some people want it to remain in Britain and some want it to join Ireland. You could be a muslim and be on the united Ireland side or a Hindu and on the Loyalist side

1. If you had to leave Ireland and live in another country, what country would it be?

2.  What is the one place you would tell visitors they would need to go in Ireland to see the authentic real Ireland?

1. Alaska, U.S.A. I hope to one day get a green card and move there. (It's mah dream) I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the U.S (Besides maybe Washington state. Or Oregon. or Colorado.) preferably in a small isolated Alaskan town with 300 people or less non accessible by road or rail. Then Colorado and Washington tie and Oregon after. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the US.

if not the US then a south east Asian country. Maybe Burma, Thailand, Vietnam or China.         Canada maybe.

2. The authentic Ireland? By authentic do you mean  Historical or what

life is like for your average Joe? Or nature wise? Please respond and I will answer

2.  What is the one place you would tell visitors they would need to go in Ireland to see the authentic real Ireland?

Dublin for the nightlife, don't expect to be wowed by the beauty of Dublin, because there isn't any...

And then the country for the 'authentic' feel of Ireland. There's some great hiking spots along the Wicklow way that I would recommend anyone coming to Ireland to go and do some trekking.

Dublin for the nightlife, don't expect to be wowed by the beauty of Dublin, because there isn't any...

And then the country for the 'authentic' feel of Ireland. There's some great hiking spots along the Wicklow way that I would recommend anyone coming to Ireland to go and do some trekking.

There are various spots around the city that are beautiful. Although rare.

Another thing is Kerry, which is in a tie with Wicklow for most beautiful county in my opinion

Is being drunk to you like being sober for us?

(Sorry, have a friend who's Irish and says this all the time.)

For some of us, yes, absolutely. There is no noticeable difference

As an Irishman I do not condone this thread nor do I condone the treasured secrets that are being handed out here... (or rather lack of such secrets)

Also, anyone who has Irish in their username is not Irish but an imposter, and must be sent up the north beyond the great wall.

@Keepbro An Irishman's intellectual pursuits are boosted by downing a pint of the black stuff, so yes... I shall answer said question after a few pints.

As far as I am aware, I see no border in Ireland, some may disagree