41.77 Released

nasKo

Compliled changelist (41.74-41.77)

These small updates were intended to address the crashes affecting Linux MP servers and improve the client-to-server connections.

41.77.9 Hotfix October 20th:

- Added checks for a null VehicleScript to IsoPlayer.getNearVehicle() and IsoZombie.getNearVehicle().

41.77.7 Hotfix October 17th:

- znet libraries were rebuilt.
- Minor revision number now displayed on main menu instead of just inside the console.

- Fixed being stuck on the connection screen or a black screen when trying to connect to a co-op server.
- Fixed: log messages and NPE during the processing of the RakNet already-connected packet.
- Fixed instances of clients being unable to connect to a server where logs showed that the client is already connected. The client will use 127.0.0.1 to connect if it is a co-op host.
- Fixed host connections from remote clients.
- The client will save coop server logs to the logs.zip file before and after each start.

Hotfix October 7th:
- Rebuilt znet libraries
- Fixed /banid command

MP

- Improved client connection.
    Important for server providers: Servers now have two ports for clients to connect to.
    The game port (UDP 16261 by default) is used to handle Steam queries. The additional port (UDP 16262 by default) is used to handle the direct connection. These ports can be configured through the server options.
    Clients will first try to use a direct connection. If direct connection fails, clients will try to connect via Steam.
    The non-Steam version works as usual.
    UPnP rules were changed accordingly (UPnP is used in cases to prevent manual port-forwarding).
    The client will show the warning message "WARNING: SERVER HAS PORT %1 CLOSED. PERFORMANCE MAY BE SEVERELY AFFECTED" if the client can't connect through direct connection.

- ZNet libraries rebuilt for Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- ZNet, Connection, and Kick logs are improved.

- Improved Type5, and Type21-24 Anti-Cheat behaviour to reduce false positives.
    A note that if you do not run a public server (i.e. a server exclusively for you and your family & friends without the worry of griefing and cheating), you can entirely circumvent any sort of frustration with false positives by disabling all AntiCheat protections in the servers .ini file.

- Split the large ConnectionDetails packet into several smaller packets with one of the ConnectionDetailsPacket.State enum values indicating which data is requested.
- Improved algorithm for the transmission of large files while playing.
- Loading screen now shows the download status of large files when connecting to a server.
- Extended checksum logs for debugging CRC differences.
- Increased kick delay for CRC differences.
- Additional logs were added.

- Fixed ObjectModData packets not being sent while the server was in the FastForward state.
- Fixed bug in world dictionary when an item in a different module but with a similar name as an vanilla item was removed.
- Fixed a new stubble Beard getting added to remote players after each appearance change, which resulted in receivePlayerZombieDescriptors errors.
- Fixed kicks after disabling VOIP.
- Fixed connecting to host after disconnection from a dedicated server.
- Fixed infinite connection attempt to non-steam server when it's not up.
- Fixed the client displaying "Disconnected" instead of "Wrong username or password".
- Fixed players being able to change their saved password for an already created account in some instances.
- Fixed Type21 black screen at connection stage when Type21 anti-cheat check is disabled.
- Fixed the character model always using media/textures/Body/Masks instead a clothing item's UnderlayMasks folder.
- Fixed black screen issues with certain mod constellations.
- Fixed the timed-action progress bar position not being updated during actions without a fixed duration.
- Fixed the animation speed of the timed-action progress bar at different framerates.

NEW

- Added a looping progress bar for timed actions that have no defined end. This is mainly a stopgap "fix" for entering cars, to visualize that there is an ongoing unfinished action until we can have visually open doors, etc.
Specifically added for the scenarios where players reported being bitten through the car door after they had entered a car and interrupted the "enter car" action before it could finish (e.g. by opening the map, etc), i.e. before the door was "closed".
This bar extends to other "infinite" actions like Walk To.

MODELS

- Added new body locations: Jacket_Bulky, JacketHat_Bulky, TorsoExtraVest, and JacketSuit.
- Assigned new body locations to existing clothing items to avoid clipping.
- Tweaked and added many clothing masks to avoid clipping through each other.
- Adjusted several clothing models and bone weighting to improve clipping.
- Removed Bowling shirt model from Bowling shirt definitions and made Bowling Shirt a texture. The model was left in the files in case mods use it.
- Improved base Body mask to help with clipping.
- Re-exported ALICE packs as some straps were missing.

• nasKo pinned this topic
2 hours ago, nasKo said:

MODELS

- Added new body locations: Jacket_Bulky, JacketHat_Bulky, TorsoExtraVest, and JacketSuit.

Will I need a new save for these to take effect?

g-portal sv, thanks for other update, im close the server, 41,73 broken all my serverm days and days of worck and wipe, and 41,77 broken all again : LOG  : Network     , 1664915495140> 4,258,843,586> [04-10-22 22:31:35.140] > ZNet: Startup version 41.77.3
LOG  : Network     , 1664915495143> 4,258,843,589> [04-10-22 22:31:35.143] > ZNet: Zomboid Steam Server started, ports 16262 and 30300 must be open on the router
LOG  : Network     , 1664915495154> 4,258,843,600> RakNet.Startup() return code: 5 (0 means success)
ERROR: General     , 1664915495155> 4,258,843,600> java.net.ConnectException: Connection Startup Failed. Code: 5
ERROR: General     , 1664915495155> 4,258,843,600>     at zombie.core.raknet.UdpEngine.<init>(UdpEngine.java:80)
ERROR: General     , 1664915495155> 4,258,843,600>     at zombie.network.GameServer.startServer(GameServer.java:1449)
ERROR: General     , 1664915495155> 4,258,843,600>     at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:740)

34 minutes ago, el tio mat said:

g-portal sv, thanks for other update, im close the server, 41,73 broken all my serverm days and days of worck and wipe, and 41,77 broken all again : LOG  : Network     , 1664915495140> 4,258,843,586> [04-10-22 22:31:35.140] > ZNet: Startup version 41.77.3
LOG  : Network     , 1664915495143> 4,258,843,589> [04-10-22 22:31:35.143] > ZNet: Zomboid Steam Server started, ports 16262 and 30300 must be open on the router
LOG  : Network     , 1664915495154> 4,258,843,600> RakNet.Startup() return code: 5 (0 means success)
ERROR: General     , 1664915495155> 4,258,843,600> java.net.ConnectException: Connection Startup Failed. Code: 5
ERROR: General     , 1664915495155> 4,258,843,600>     at zombie.core.raknet.UdpEngine.<init>(UdpEngine.java:80)
ERROR: General     , 1664915495155> 4,258,843,600>     at zombie.network.GameServer.startServer(GameServer.java:1449)
ERROR: General     , 1664915495155> 4,258,843,600>     at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:740)

Gportal needs to fix that, not us. As far as I know, they are working on that.

image.png.5c2c43f07b631406dbe7372fee61d796.png

A bug that I'm too lazy to go report in the correct topic, but I'm getting this warning when connecting to a dedicated server, on another computer at my house.
(Firewall for private networks disabled)
But all (30) external players don't get it, they get direct connection.

Basically the game is not making a direct connection within the LAN
(which I already thought was extremely bizarre not to do before, 15ms ping to a server 3 meters away from me lol)

EDIT: 
After entering and exiting a few times and performing the change: UPnP = true
The warning disappeared. (Before it was UPnP = false)

Edited by P_menta
UPnP = true seems to have fixed, ping is now 0 for a LAN server

6 hours ago, nasKo said:

MODELS

- Adjusted several clothing models and bone weighting to improve clipping.

Does this mean that issues specifically with bulletproof vests clipping are fixed? Or what specific problem was this change meant to address?

In 41.77 Update Info:

"The game port (UDP 16261 by default) is used to handle Steam queries."
"The additional port (UDP 16262 by default) is used to handle the direct connection."
"Clients will first try to use a direct connection. If direct connection fails, clients will try to connect via Steam."

Takeaway:
STEAM_PORT = 16261 (ok)
DIRECT_CONNECTION_PORT = DEFAULT_PORT = 16262 (ok)

-----

In 'server.ini':

# Minimum=0 Maximum=65535 Default=16262
UDPPort=16262
# Default starting port for player data. If UDP, this is this one of two ports used.\nMinimum=0 Maximum=65535 Default=16261
DefaultPort=16261

Takeaway:
STEAM_PORT = "UDPPort" = 16262 (???)
DIRECT_CONNECTION_PORT = DEFAULT_PORT = 16261 (???)

-----

In Host > Manage Settings > Edit Select Settings > INI > Steam:

Screenshot_100422_083243_PM.jpg.9f0377895d022a7b9fddb7732be0bb4c.jpg
    Server Property "UDPPort" (default value '16262')

In Host > Manage Settings > Edit Select Settings > INI > Details:

Screenshot_100422_083355_PM.jpg.e8b56359c7540ca846be1d8413af78db.jpg
    Server Property "DefaultPort" (default value '16261')

Takeaway:
STEAM_PORT = UDPPort = 16262 (??!)
DIRECT_CONNECTION_PORT = DEFAULT_PORT = 16261 (??!)

-----

In Server Console (XXX_DebugLog-server.txt):

Server is listening on port 16261 (for Steam connection) and port 16262 (for UDPRakNet connection)
Clients should use 16261 port for connections.

Takeaway:
STEAM_PORT = DEFAULT_PORT = 16261 (?!!)
DIRECT_CONNECTION_PORT = UDPPort = 16262 (?!!)

-----

... send help.

10 minutes ago, Yesod said:

In 41.77 Update Info:

Takeaway:
STEAM_PORT = 16261 (ok)
DIRECT_CONNECTION_PORT = DEFAULT_PORT = 16262 (ok)

-----

In 'server.ini':

# Minimum=0 Maximum=65535 Default=16262
UDPPort=16262
# Default starting port for player data. If UDP, this is this one of two ports used.\nMinimum=0 Maximum=65535 Default=16261
DefaultPort=16261

Takeaway:
STEAM_PORT = "UDPPort" = 16262 (???)
DIRECT_CONNECTION_PORT = DEFAULT_PORT = 16261 (???)

-----

In Host > Manage Settings > Edit Select Settings > INI > Steam:

Screenshot_100422_083243_PM.jpg.9f0377895d022a7b9fddb7732be0bb4c.jpg
    Server Property "UDPPort" (default value '16262')

In Host > Manage Settings > Edit Select Settings > INI > Details:

Screenshot_100422_083355_PM.jpg.e8b56359c7540ca846be1d8413af78db.jpg
    Server Property "DefaultPort" (default value '16261')

Takeaway:
STEAM_PORT = UDPPort = 16262 (??!)
DIRECT_CONNECTION_PORT = DEFAULT_PORT = 16261 (??!)

-----

In Server Console (XXX_DebugLog-server.txt):

Server is listening on port 16261 (for Steam connection) and port 16262 (for UDPRakNet connection)
Clients should use 16261 port for connections.

Takeaway:
STEAM_PORT = DEFAULT_PORT = 16261 (?!!)
DIRECT_CONNECTION_PORT = UDPPort = 16262 (?!!)

-----

... send help.

Default port is 16261.

The direct connection port is 16262.

Steam port is 8766.

18 hours ago, nasKo said:

In a few hours.

By "few" they meant "many". It's not the first time GOG is left lagging behind. If they only wanted to deal with Steam they should have only released on Steam. But, here we are.

4 hours ago, Mascot said:

By "few" they meant "many". It's not the first time GOG is left lagging behind. If they only wanted to deal with Steam they should have only released on Steam. But, here we are.

GoG’s process isn’t fully automated within GoG’s tools, unlike Steam. It’s just the nature of the tech.

4 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

GoG’s process isn’t fully automated within GoG’s tools, unlike Steam. It’s just the nature of the tech.

I did not know that. From some searching, it seems to be a GOG decision to manually approve rather than allow the dev to deploy directly. I don't know if they offer a "test and approve, then let dev pick release time" option, but if they do then that would be worth considering, I think.

I shall have to reconsider any future purchases of multiplayer games on GOG, since falling out of sync with server versions is incredibly annoying. Which is a shame, because I really like to support the non-DRM nature of GOG by putting my money there.

So I just dowloaded the hotfix for Linux on GoG, and it won't launch.

I ran the startup script manually from the terminal and got this back:

Running Project Zomboid
64-bit java detected
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() did not locate a running instance of Steam.
dlopen failed trying to load:
/home/[username]/.steam/sdk64/steamclient.so
with error:
/home/[username]/.steam/sdk64/steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Sys_LoadModule failed to load: /home/[username]/.steam/sdk64/steamclient.so
Message: 'Fatal Error', Detail: 'Steam must be running to play this game (SteamAPI_Init() failed).
'

So uhh....yeah. I don't think it's supposed to be looking for Steam in the GoG version...

Also, the installer script for Linux really doesn't like the (1) in the filename for trying to launch it.

Edited by knightshousegames

12 hours ago, knightshousegames said:

So I just dowloaded the hotfix for Linux on GoG, and it won't launch.

I ran the startup script manually from the terminal and got this back:

Running Project Zomboid
64-bit java detected
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() did not locate a running instance of Steam.
dlopen failed trying to load:
/home/[username]/.steam/sdk64/steamclient.so
with error:
/home/[username]/.steam/sdk64/steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Sys_LoadModule failed to load: /home/[username]/.steam/sdk64/steamclient.so
Message: 'Fatal Error', Detail: 'Steam must be running to play this game (SteamAPI_Init() failed).
'

So uhh....yeah. I don't think it's supposed to be looking for Steam in the GoG version...

Also, the installer script for Linux really doesn't like the (1) in the filename for trying to launch it.

Try verifying files.
Or if that still fails you can just change the 1 to a 0 for the Steam parameter when opening it with a text editor.
Just checked and it looks like the build uploaded correctly.

As for the installer, the game is packed for installation by GOG. Downloading them myself, I don't have a (1) in the filename unless I download another copy.

4 hours ago, nasKo said:

Try verifying files.
Or if that still fails you can just change the 1 to a 0 for the Steam parameter when opening it with a text editor.
Just checked and it looks like the build uploaded correctly.

As for the installer, the game is packed for installation by GOG. Downloading them myself, I don't have a (1) in the filename unless I download another copy.

Looks as though it got resolved while I was asleep, new filename, and it's launching correctly now

Keep up the good work gentlemen and/or ladies :D

I can confirm, my "project_zomboid_41_77_hotfix_59328.sh" package (MD5 sum 3bd9a4e48a1a1ca244c82162084966b4 ) obtained from GOG also requires Steam and refuses to launch by default.

It launches with "-nosteam" key added to launch command, like this:

$ ./projectzomboid.sh -nosteam

Seems somehow a Steam version was shipped to GOG (and GOG being GOG could not care less to check whether a game sold by them actually works -_- ).

2 hours ago, alm888 said:

I can confirm, my "project_zomboid_41_77_hotfix_59328.sh" package (MD5 sum 3bd9a4e48a1a1ca244c82162084966b4 ) obtained from GOG also requires Steam and refuses to launch by default.

It launches with "-nosteam" key added to launch command, like this:

$ ./projectzomboid.sh -nosteam

Seems somehow a Steam version was shipped to GOG (and GOG being GOG could not care less to check whether a game sold by them actually works -_- ).

Just redownload, it should be hotfix 59340 and it works fine

41.77.7 Hotfix released to Stable:

- znet libraries were rebuilt.
- Minor revision number now displayed on main menu instead of just inside the console.

- Fixed being stuck on the connection screen or a black screen when trying to connect to a co-op server.
- Fixed: log messages and NPE during the processing of the RakNet already-connected packet.
- Fixed instances of clients being unable to connect to a server where logs showed that the client is already connected. The client will use 127.0.0.1 to connect if it is a co-op host.
- Fixed host connections from remote clients.
- The client will save coop server logs to the logs.zip file before and after each start.

Update killed Customizable zombies mod.

Geting errors now

[17-10-22 16:28:57.968] ERROR: General     , 1666013337968> ExceptionLogger.logException> Exception thrown java.lang.RuntimeException: __le not defined for operand at KahluaUtil.fail line:82..
[17-10-22 16:28:57.968] ERROR: General     , 1666013337968> DebugLogStream.printException> Stack trace:.

rip runners =/

• nasKo unpinned this topic