The Colony [Paramilitary Survivor Group]

Preacher

PrivateTerminal

=================================================================================

>> Administrator (ClassID 227608)

>> Password (Survive)

>> Welcome...

-- OPTIONS --

>> Data

>> Notes <---

>> Messages

Notes, selected...

>> Access granted.

=================================================================================

The Colony

Information:

The Colony is a paramilitary faction in the current situated area, with various contacts around the state. This is the 55th regiment of the Colony, a military based group of Colony members out in the Knox County area. The groups entire purpose, both as a regiment and as a state faction, is to bring things back to their original state. Starting with martial law and the return of all branches of government within the coming decades.

Job Listings For The 55th Regiment:

When applying, pick a main role. If you don't want to do a secondary role, don't include it in the application or better yet, think of a new role.

- Main Role -

Infantryman:

Infantryman is the base soldier, carrying whatever arms that is available. This foot soldier will be the main line of attack and will be involved in all high risk movements.

Advanced Rifleman:

As the advanced rifleman, this soldier does the same job as an infantryman. Though they are better trained and are given better equipment, to suit their title. They will often deal with long range combat and be the last to leave a combat zone.

Combat Medic:

They are responsible for the general well being of everyone. They hold most of the medicine, keeping tabs on supply and demand. These brave soldiers are tasked with saving the lives of others.

- Secondary Role -

Argiculture :

Relation to farming, food and water. This is by far the most important role.

Construction:

Relation to construction, construction supply and demolitions.

Supply:

Relation to gathering of already existing supplies and not the construction of new ones. Otherwise known as the scavenging specialization.

- Officer Role -

Non applicable, it's assigned to you after you joined. You also must reach the rank of an CO, to be elligable.

Infantry Officer:

Responsible with combative tasks and management.

Medical Officer:

Responsible with medical tasks and management.

State Law:

1. Citizens inside Colony territory cannot be in posession of rifles/shotguns/sniper rifles and must hand them over to their local Colonist.

2. Any citizen caught killing another citizen without a witness/valid evidence proclaiming their innocence, will be shot.

3. Stealing from the Colony, as a citizen, will get you shot.

Member Rules:

1. Disobeying a higher ranking soldier, in the direct line of duty can get you removed. Same for ignoring orders. The only case you can do this, is if they are giving you orders that are detremental to the faction.

2. Abusing your rank or using it to just mess with people, will get you placed as a private or get you removed.

3. Taking high end supplies, large amounts of gear/supply without permission from higher ranks, will get you possibly shot or demoted.

=====Application Format==========

Steam Name(When accepted, you'll be asked to send your steamusername via PM to myself.):

Do you understand that you must be at least 14 years old to join?

Character's Name:

Character's Main Role:

Character's Prefered Secondary Role(If there is one you want.):

Character's Backstory(Basically, your characters story previous to the outbreak.):

PrivateTerminal

>> Administrator (ClassID 227608)

>> Password (Survive)

>> Welcome...

-- OPTIONS --

>> Data

>> Notes <---

>> Messages

Notes, selected...

>> Access granted.

Roster:

Commissioned Officers

Cpt. Johnathon Briggs - Preacher

Non Commissioned Officers

Enlisted

Just as an example of how the plebs may apply. Also if you think the thread is clustered or too hard to read, that means you aren't willing to do a little reading and hard work to join.

Steam Name(When accepted, you'll be asked to send your steamusername via PM to myself.)::

Preacher

Do you understand that you must be at least 14 years old to join? Yep.

Character's Name:

Johnathon Briggs

Character'
s Main Role:
Infantryman.
Agriculture.
Character'
s Backstory(Basically, your characters story previous to the outbreak.):

Johnathon Briggs, an American born child was born in little place called Washington, D.C. Living under two loving parents, John lived a fairly glum childhood life. His parents split up around the time John was six, so as you can imagine, the whole concept was just mind boggling for him. Of course, he stayed with his mother through the break up, although not for long. For John's attitude would change as he became older, changing into a young adult he took a military stance in life. He was bold, brazen and generally didn't back down. Not for his own personal gain, but because of moral decision.

Through his high school years, he pursued women and rarely pursued his study. Even with his great attitude and assertive lingo, he was given little options in terms of careers. Although in the end, it never mattered to him, for John was a soldier at heart and the U.S. Army would be his home. After his high school graduation, John scrunched up his various failing report cards, tossing them into his bin. He'd make  his way to a recruiting center, where he'd apply for a job that most fitted him... a naval commando. Of course, John passed with flying colors in physical and mental health, but his academic skills had him barely make the bar.

After months of training, he earned his job and title. John was a Naval Commando and for the next two years! Would... be serving on a frigate, keeping pirates from smuggling drugs into the country. Two years of little to no danger, contact or excitement. For John and a lot of other people on this boat, it was a dream killer and the next two years of service... would be ones you would not want to brag about. After a year through his two year struggle, he was stationed outside of Africa and was involved in various water raids on war lards as well as slavers.

Eventually of course, his service ended, after about seven years. John walked out of his uniform a free man, with no ties or duties. It was his choice if he stayed at this point, which he didn't, the life he chose seven years ago... would not be the one he kept. Moving into Knox County, Johnathon found employment as a Law Enforcement officer over the next five years. Only to have his fifth year cut short, by a horrible viral infection we know as Project Zomboid. God help him.

THREAD RULES:

1. Do not shit post.

2. Don't post comments about how cool this is or how bad it is, important stuff only.

3. If you are a member, feel free to post whatever you want as long as it's not shit posting or kiss ass like.

4. Praise Robert Johnson, for yee, is a mighty fellow.

• 2 weeks later...

Steam Name:

alex5927

Yes, I am 17 years old.

Character's Name:

Aaron Heineger (online handle: AHein)

Character's Main Role:

Infantryman

Supply

Character's Backstory(Basically, your characters story previous to the outbreak.): 

Aaron Heineger grew up in a horrible household. His only escape for several years was shooting the guns in his older brother's gun cabinet. He was the best in his town by the age of fourteen.

When he was fifteen, he discovered that writing was his calling, and he began to work on a novel. It was about a zombie apocalypse in a high fantasy world. He finished it within three months, and when it got published, it became a best seller. With the money from his book, he convinced his brother to get him out of his parents' house and adopt him as his legal guardian. Aaron paid rent, lived in the basement, bought his own furniture and appliances, and basically lived on his own. In his spare time, when he wasn't shooting guns or working on the second book in his trilogy, Aaron was putting together his own custom operating system, fencing, or watching Dr. Who. It was during a day-long Dr. Who binge that the outbreak struck for the first time, and only his skills with a pistol and a sword kept him alive long enough to make his way to the military base three states away. Hopefully, he will be able to get rid of his problems with authority and constant insubordination in order to help solve the zombie crisis...

Steam Name(When accepted, you'll be asked to send your steamusername via PM to myself.):

EightBitPixel (http://steamcommunity.com/id/EightBitPixel/)
Yeah, I'm 19
Character's Name:
Brandon Andis
Character's Main Role:
Infantryman
Character's Prefered Secondary Role:
Supply
Character's Backstory(Hope it's not too bad):

Brandon Andis grew up in Austin, TX. Although he had gone through a tough childhood he still felt somewhat safe even though his parents had gone through some rough patches. Growing up was difficult for him, kids would laugh at the clothes he would wear, they would make fun of him for being taller than most of them. This was an issue that didn't phase Brandon that much, he could take the insults as they were only words.

High School was a different story. Brandon had joined up with the JROTC program. He learned leadership skills that he could use to shape the actions of others.

Brandon always felt that deep down he had the discipline to overcome his fear and join the army but for some odd reason he still couldn't shake it. He went through his High School years with a good academic record. Upon graduating Brandon had decided he would begin his career as a S.W.A.T member. He felt this was a good choice and that he was going to help keep the peace within U.S territory. Brandon was top on his classes whether it was academic or physical training.

5 Years later that all changed. On various channels of the news the infamous hackers "Anonymous" were hacking into news stations across america with an anonymous interview of a man who claims he worked on the governments most top secret projects. He claimed one of the projects was on the revival of the dead. Brandon was quite confused and a little scared for the safety of his family. He called them only to realise the phone lines where down. Upon exiting his apartment building he would soon realise how bad this was. Hordes of men and women running through the streets, traffic packed so tight it was almost impossible to get out of the city with a vehicle. Looters rampaging the streets, bodies lying on the ground stiff as a plank. Brandon took off as fast as he could to his parents house. The only problem his everyone was running away from that direction. He knew his family would be in danger so he continued to dash through the streets. After 12 minutes of running he had finally reached his parents house. The front door was torn down as if someone had just walked through it. Brandon busted through the door only to come upon both of his parents lying dead on the floor in a pool of their own blood. After his short time to grief he knew that he had to straighten up and help restore some order, or else humanity would eventually destroy itself.....

wolfy_gurl666
yes, i am 20 years old. female.
Character's Name:
wolfygurl13
Character's Main Role:
combat medic
Character's Preferred Secondary Role(If there is one you want:)

Argiculture
Character's Back story(Basically, your characters story previous to the outbreak.): i got a call from my mother, saying that my brother and his friends were acting a little strange, coughing in the background. i drove back home to my brother walking around weirdly, growing and had my mothers arm in his hand, muscles and blood coming out of it to his mouth, like he was chewing on it. i screamed and yelled and my mother was coughing and crying on the floor, looking at me. i heard my brothers friends coming from the kitchen, where my father was pushing them away and running towards me. my father died two weeks late after he got us out of there. we found out that it was only the beginning of this nightmare. my father was protecting me before he died, was running away from the zombies with a bat, making lots of noise so i can get out of a house savaging for food and supplies. that was the last time i saw him alive. two nights later i saw him in front of the house we were suppose to be at, as one of them. i cried for 2 days, and had to kill him again.

Steam Name :

Kdace10

Do you understand that you must be at least 14 years old to Join?

Yes, I am 17 years old

Characters name:

Kainan Ford

Characters Main Role:

Infantryman

Characters preferred Secondary Role:

Supply

Characters backstory (Basically, Your Characters story previous to the outbreak):

I spent my early years after leaving school drifting around from job to job, mostly in construction and as a bouncer. I was in the local rugby Team before the outbreak. When the first incident of the outbreak occurred most of my fellow team mates chose to join the Army. I Thought it was the best way to protect his Family so I also signed up to join the Army. Basic Training didn't take long to complete since the outbreak was spreading across the nation quite rapidly, and they needed us in the field as soon as possible. they taught us discipline and the basic to survive along with Advanced hand to hand fighting training.

I was assigned to 57th Brigade, along with 1 of my old rugby team members John Sanborn. Our Brigade was sent to a small town in Colorado to contain an outbreak that occurred 24hrs earlier, when we arrived we sent up a FOB in the local school making it easier for our brigade to co-ordinate all our units. Our Unit was sent to get the survivors who sent out a S.O.S at the local police station. As soon as we got there everyone was gone blood everywhere but no bodies, as we moved deeper into the station John found the basement door chained up, the door had 'HELP' written on it. When he pried open the doors, smoke poured out along with waves of the dead which swarmed our Unit. I don't remember much during that short time but after the smoke cleared everyone was dead, as I looked in horror of all the bodies I spotted some movement under a pile of bodies near the door. It was john but not anymore so I did what had to be done and ended he's misery.

I fought my way back to the FOB but when I arrive everyone was dead or missing. I went into the control room and tried to get hold of any other units, there was no response. I looked at the maps and written all over them was 'No Hope, Everything is lost'. After that I could not get hold of any other Brigades or command so I set off to try and find any other military Fragments that are left.                 

Sream Name : Legionreaver ( http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197971695540/ )

Do you understand that you must be at least 14 years old to join? Yes 29

Character's Name:

John Allen 

Main Role: 

Infantryman

Secondary Role: 

Construction

Backstory : 

John spent his childhood days in south Florida but after his parents divorced ended up in North Carolina. Keeping mostly to himself John was always more of a loner. After graduating high school John worked various jobs becoming something of a jack of all trades. While normally in the construction business John had found himself Working more and more on the side as a dealer.  The outbreak hit during what should have been a routine drop. He was pulling into town just as reports on the radio began to come in about some kind of illness and how the local police had been placed on full alert due to possible riots. 

Because of all the attention on the streets he'd decided to stop at the local hotel for a while until things died down. He was sleeping when the first gunshots began. Jumping to his feet he scrambled for his pistol and moved towards the window that faced the back of the hotel towards the street... Peeking through the blinds from the second story he could see a crowd of people down the street near a house. They seemed to be attacking a man who was trying to get out of his car while a woman was screaming at them from the porch. An officer pulled up to the scene and began frantically firing his side arm into the crowd of people with no result. John watched as the officer ran to the back of his patrol car and opened the truck retrieving a shot gun and then proceeded to fire on the crowd of people now swarming over the car with the man now trapped inside.

John closed the blinds and realized that he wasn't going to make it to the drop tonight or any time soon. The best idea would be to get out of town if possible but with all the chaos outside his best bet would be to stay put in his room and try not to draw any attention to himself. He barricaded the front door with the dresser and end tables. Then placed the box spring over the window that lead out to the walkway overlooking the parking lot. Luckily it was the slow season and the hotel was now mostly empty. Even so during the night John would hear screams coming from outside more than once. He decided to try and sleep in the bath tub just in case they tried to attack the hotel. 

Opening his eyes he began to realize that somehow he'd managed to get some sleep. Opening the door to the bathroom he began to hear something coming from outside the back window. Peeking through the blinds he noticed a crowd of about twenty people all huddling over something. Each of them was trying to get to the center of the group although he had no idea why. Just as he was about to lose interest and check on the front door a man come running out from behind one of the houses that lined the road. At first the crowd seemed to ignore him but as he moved more into the open one of them must have seen him because soon they were nearly all moving in the mans direction. The man disappeared out of view and the crowd continued to follow him. John looked back to where the center of crowd had been and noticed only  a few stragglers remained. They were covered in what looked like blood and then john noticed the man crawling along the ground. His legs were missing and it looked like he'd been scratched and bitten all over his body... blood was every where as one of the stragglers moved towards the crawling man grabbing his arm and biting his last remaining finger off. 

Closing the blinds John felt sick but decided he should check on the front door. It appeared untouched since last night so he decided to look out the window and into the parking lot. It appeared abandoned and quite on that side of the hotel. Maybe he could make it to the car but what if someone heard or saw him? It's going be a long day... he thought to himself as he began moving the tables and dresser from the front door....

Steam Name:

Gordonfleaman ( http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198014595812/ )

Affirmative.

Character's Name:
Dr. Rikki Harburg

Character's Main Role:

Combat Medic

Character's Preferred Secondary Role:

Social Worker (psychiatric care)

Character's Back-story:

Dr. Harburg was a private Neuro-psychiatrist that worked with patients who mostly suffered of neurological disorders, behavioural disorders, and those who underwent excessive cases of psychotic episodes. She worked in the Kentucky Institution of Mental Education (KIME), and after her supervisor Dr. Terrance Marek had struck a romantic relationship with Dr. Harburg, she was allocated head doctor of neuro-scientific research. She worked seamlessly for 16 years in KIME before the day of the first infection, to which the facility was put under lock-down for a case of multiple patients pertaining psychotic episodes, before falling unconscious and -- after an exceptionally long duration of comatose, marked with unresponsiveness -- persisting unto extended levels of homicidal blackouts. Patients showed signs of irrational violence upon social workers and other patients after this stage.

After five days of unresponsiveness from state authorities, Dr. Terrance Marek committed suicide, after being reported with extreme paranoia. Marek then began the same post-mortal symptoms the patients had displayed. Dr. Harburg, along with multiple other social workers whom helped secure a sector of KIME for temporary safety, made the quick decision to lock Marek in a broom closet. The other social workers who now show signs of situational anxiety and panic attacks, are rendered inconstant and unable to participate in fundamental activities, such as eating, hydration, and physio-intensive activities.

Dr. Harburg leaves KIME after 12 days, and travels to Muldraugh, located in Meade and Hardin Counties where she now resides.

KOSON|

Yes, i am 17 

Character's Name:

Roy Martin

Character's Main Role:

Infantry man

construction

Born in 1986 in Arcadia Missouri, Roy's parents had only been in the United Stated for less than a decade emigrating from Holland. Roy upon growing up was fascinated with the outdoors, sports and school. No sooner than after he was enrolled in first grade was Roy in the boy scouts and on the football team. For the next 12 years Roy earned good grades and played some great ball. Roy knew he had to do well in school because his poor parents could barely take care of themselves.  He had received numerous awards for both his grades and his performance on the field which ultimately paved the road for a full ride scholarship to play football at Nebraska. In his college days he had been the big man on campus, making good grades and becoming everyone's friend. It seemed Roy was at the peak of his life. 

The next two years went by as fast as his first year in college and before he knew it he was graduating with a degree in construction management. He quickly landed a job in Tennessee building Condos on lakes. He would continue with this like for  a few years before his mother and father died in a car accident due to a drunk driver. At their funeral Roy decided to stay in Arcadia to take over the house and redo the interior as well as the exterior. He worked through his grief by fixing a house that always seemed to have a problem when he lived there with his parents.  The week after he finally concluded work on his parents house is when the global pandemic came about. The house that was once a save haven was now over run with the undead. He met a group of survivors who said that there was a safe colony in Kentucky and the risk that it would take to get there was to be justified by the benefits that could come from a safe society. 

So Roy and his new found companions traveled slowly and cautiously to  Muldraugh ky. However once his group was situated for the last day of travels to get to their destination they were attacked by a horde. Roy fought off zeds left and right and tried to help the others but by their scream he knew they were goners he quickly got his back and ran for the tree line. He kept running until he found a cabin that he could spend the night in. The next morning Roy continued his journey to the only place that gave him hope. The place known only as The colony.

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone above this post is accepted for the group, you put in a bit of effort and that just shows your willing to work as a team. Don't think I'll be too overly serious or asshole like, I'll see about adding you all to steam. You can add me on steam if you wish though now:

Add:

nickscv or Preacher

My steam profile picture is just a yellow safety sign with a cool looking head on it.

I'd add you guys to the roster, but I have to do a few things. I'll get this all done tomorrow when I'm not filming, see you. Also if it comes to it and there's a massive time zone difference, we'll have to work out a schedule or something.

Archived