M1/M2 Resolution Issues

confusedjared

After the initial M1 release, Apple changed something about how the system handles scaling and DPI awareness for x86-based applications, breaking this.

So all I can recommend here is setting scaling to 100% in Mac's Settings -> Display and maybe doing borderless windowed instead of fullscreen.

Because of this (and other issues relating to crashes) we can't support M1/M2 macs at this time, unfortunately. If the game does get a native build, these problems may be sorted, but for now we can't switch over. If you'd like to refund the game and are past the refund window on Steam or GoG, I'd recommend contacting their support channel anyway and explaining the situation. They're usually pretty helpful.

14 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

After the initial M1 release, Apple changed something about how the system handles scaling and DPI awareness for x86-based applications, breaking this.

So all I can recommend here is setting scaling to 100% in Mac's Settings -> Display and maybe doing borderless windowed instead of fullscreen.

Because of this (and other issues relating to crashes) we can't support M1/M2 macs at this time, unfortunately. If the game does get a native build, these problems may be sorted, but for now we can't switch over. If you'd like to refund the game and are past the refund window on Steam or GoG, I'd recommend contacting their support channel anyway and explaining the situation. They're usually pretty helpful.

Thank you for the response!

Setting it to borderless window moves some of the left-side HUD icons, moodles and the inventory menu under the mac menu bar. I'm aware you can hide the menu bar but I like having the menu bar always visible, And setting the scale to 100% did make some of the HUD smaller. Guess I'll just keep playing on windowed.

I still love playing PZ on Windows and have over 70+ hours so I have no intention of refunding it. Hope the issue can be fixed someday, keep up the good work!