41.77 UNSTABLE Released

nasKo

41.77.9 Hotfix October 20th:

- Added checks for a null VehicleScript to IsoPlayer.getNearVehicle() and IsoZombie.getNearVehicle().

41.77.7 Hotfix October 13th:

- Fixed host connections from remote clients.
- The client will save coop server logs to the logs.zip file before and after each start.

41.77.6 Hotfix October 12th:
- Minor revision number now displayed on main menu instead of just inside the console.
- Fixed instances of clients being unable to connect to a server where logs showed that the client was already connected. The client will use 127.0.0.1 to connect if it is a co-op host.

41.77.5 Hotfix October 12th:

- znet libraries were rebuilt.
- Fixed being stuck on the connection screen or a black screen when trying to connect to a co-op server.
- Fixed: log messages and NPE during the processing of the RakNet already-connected packet.

Hotfix#3 October 3rd:

- Fixed the timed-action progress bar position not being updated during actions without a fixed duration.
- Fixed the animation speed of the timed-action progress bar at different framerates.

Hotfix #2 September 29th:

- Fixed black screen issues with certain mod constellations.
- Improved ConnectionManager logs.
- Increased kick delay for CRC differences.

Hotfix #1 September 29th:
- Improved Type5 and Type22 Anti-Cheat behaviour to reduce false positives.
- Extended checksum logs for debugging CRC differences.
- Fixed Type21 black screen at connection stage when Type21 anti-cheat check is disabled.
- Fixed the character model always using media/textures/Body/Masks instead a clothing item's UnderlayMasks folder.

Original Patch:

MP

- Improved client connection.
    Important for server providers: Servers now have two ports for clients to connect to. The game port (UDP 16261 by default) is used to handle Steam queries. The additional port (UDP 16262 by default) is used to handle the direct connection. These ports can be configured through the server options.
    Clients will first try to use a direct connection. If direct connection fails, clients will try to connect via Steam.
    The non-Steam version works as usual.
    UPnP rules were changed accordingly (UPnP is used in cases to prevent manual port-forwarding).
    The client will show the warning message "WARNING: SERVER HAS PORT %1 CLOSED. PERFORMANCE MAY BE SEVERELY AFFECTED" if the client can't connect through direct connection.

- ZNet libraries rebuilt for Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- ZNet, Connection, and Kick logs are improved.

- Additional logs were added.

- Fixed kicks after disabling VOIP.
- Fixed connecting to host after disconnection from a dedicated server.
- Fixed infinite connection attempt to non-steam server when it's not up.
- Fixed the client displaying "Disconnected" instead of "Wrong username or password".
- Fixed players being able to change their saved password for an already created account in some instances.

NEW

-  Added a looping progress bar for timed actions that have no defined end. This is mainly a stopgap fix for entering cars, to visualize that there is an ongoing unfinished action until we can have visually open doors, etc.
    Specifically added for the scenarios where players reported being bitten through the car door after they had entered a car and interrupted the "enter car" action before it could finish (e.g. by opening the map, etc) and before the door was "closed".
    This bar extends to other "infinite" actions like Walk To.

MODELS

- Added new body locations: Jacket_Bulky, JacketHat_Bulky, TorsoExtraVest, and JacketSuit.
- Assigned new body locations to existing clothing items to avoid clipping.
- Tweaked and added many clothing masks to avoid clipping through each other.
- Adjusted several clothing models and bone weighting to improve clipping.
- Removed Bowling shirt model from Bowling shirt definitions and made Bowling Shirt a texture. The model was left in the files in case mods use it.
- Improved base Body mask to help with clipping.
- Re-exported ALICE packs as some straps were missing.

• nasKo pinned this topic

I'm hosting non dedicated server, just using the host tab in game. Running a small game  with just wifey and myself, since we are on same network and in the same house I was hoping this update would allow direct connection over Lan but when wife connects she gets the message saying "Warning Port 16262 is closed. Performance may be severely affected". And it's connecting her through the steam port so instead of the lan connection it's going through steam and she has a ping range from 10-20 so still decent but feels like it could be connecting straight to me if I tweaked it. Should I manual forward the port 16262 from my PC to open that up or do you know why the message could be occuring?

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Marbooti said:

I'm hosting non dedicated server, just using the host tab in game. Running a small game  with just wifey and myself, since we are on same network and in the same house I was hoping this update would allow direct connection over Lan but when wife connects she gets the message saying "Warning Port 16262 is closed. Performance may be severely affected". And it's connecting her through the steam port so instead of the lan connection it's going through steam and she has a ping range from 10-20 so still decent but feels like it could be connecting straight to me if I tweaked it. Should I manual forward the port 16262 from my PC to open that up or do you know why the message could be occuring?

Thanks!

Sounds like a routing issue in your house. If you both are on the same ethernet network there should be no need for Steam.

Check your firewall settings (ensure both UDP and TCP connections are allowed to your 16261 and 16162-16172 ports). Try connecting PCs directly through cross-cable (without any routers).

Also, it may be better to run dedicated server instead. :)

Now with the announcment that light gonna be emmited by signs and go through windows in b42, we gonna eventually have the ability to place a generator indoors with open windows maybe? Surprised no one yet made a mod to make a buildable exaust to the outside though. (CREDIT MY GENIUS IF YOU GONNA MAKE THE MOD!!!)

18 hours ago, Marbooti said:

Thanks!

When Your wife looks for your game, the Steam cloud gives her your external IP address - this is where her computer tries to connect. You have to open Your external firewall, to allow connections to the two UDP used ports. Also another rule must be created (a hairpin NAT one), in order to connections from your internal range work, when reaching your external address. Some routers do this for You, some don't - it really is touch and go.

Here we have a short reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_address_translation#NAT_loopback

• nasKo unpinned this topic

41.77.5 Hotfix October 12th:

- znet libraries were rebuilt.
- Fixed being stuck on the connection screen or a black screen when trying to connect to a co-op server.
- Fixed: log messages and NPE during the processing of the RakNet already-connected packet.

41.77.6 Hotfix:
- Minor revision number now displayed on main menu instead of just inside the console.
- Fixed instances of clients being unable to connect to a server where logs showed that the client was already connected. The client will use 127.0.0.1 to connect if it is a co-op host.