[41.73][Linux][No Mods] ESC, Shift, Ctrl and other keys don't work.

Hermin

It is completely random and I can sometimes start playing and everything will work perfectly fine, but upon closing and opening the game again, it may stop working and the only solution is to reset your PC. (Tried opening and closing the game again multiple times but it doesn't work.)

Has been a common occurrence at least since 41.71 when I first started playing the game and persists on 41.2, 41.73 and 41.76.

DE: Cinnamon

Display Server: X11

Kernel: 5.4.0-126-generic

CPU: Intel i5-3330 (4) @ 3.200GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Yes I do, I have English (US) and Brazillian Portuguese. The former is setup as my main layout and the latter as my secondary and I switch between them using a keybind.

I tried testing your theory, and it seems to be correct. It is dependant on the keyboard layout that is selected before I start the game. Starting with EN works normally and with PT-BR causes the bug to occur. The fact that my PC always defaults to EN upon start up explains why it was always fixed whenever I rebooted my computer...

I hope it will get fixed on some future update, but until then I'll just be glad that I found a consistent way to make it work without rebooting my PC every time I want to play the game. I'll probably post this on the Steam Community Forums and Proton DB to help as many people as I can deal with this bug.

Thanks for your time and helpful information! :)