[41.73][Singleplayer][No Mods] Poison system seems not fully functioning

razab

I have the impression that the system managing poisonous berries or mushrooms is not working correct in every case. Problems occur for me when I add those items to a (fruit) salad. Afaik, the game should then make the salad poisonous too. Moreover, when you characters have cooking skill >= 7 and herbalist trait, they should be able to detect that the salad is poisonous via their interface (or am I wrong here??). Now, both of these things are not always working for me. Specifically, what happens for me sometimes is one of those things:

1. the salad is not poisonous at all (at least it has "Poison Power = 0" when checked in debug menu)

2. salad is poisonous but this is not displayed in the interface

Both problems only occur sometimes for me. There are also cases where I make a salad out of poisonous items and everything works as expected (which makes stuff even more confusing).

I am not sure whether this is really a bug or whether this is somehow an intended game behavior which I simply do not understand.

20 hours ago, Magondivel said:

By the way, I ran into a problem. I played multiplayer. I reached Cooking level 8 and my character still can't tell the difference between poisonous and non-poisonous mushrooms.

sounds like the same bug

Edited by razab

On 9/27/2022 at 11:32 AM, Magondivel said:

By the way, I ran into a problem. I played multiplayer. I reached Cooking level 8 and my character still can't tell the difference between poisonous and non-poisonous mushrooms.

Do you have a Herbalist trait or have you read the Herbalist magazine? The char will not see the difference between poisonous / not poisonous items otherwise.

1 hour ago, Pandorea said:

У вас есть черта Травника или вы читали журнал Травник? В противном случае персонаж не увидит разницы между ядовитыми/не ядовитыми предметами.

Official Wiki for the game https://pzwiki.net/wiki/Foraging

Appear in groups of 2-8. As foraging level rises, more varieties can appear and berries are less likely to be poisonous. Character can identify poisonous berries by starting with the herbalist trait, reading the herbalist magazine, or reaching level 7 in the cooking skill. Blackberry, Blueberry, Winter berry and Beautyberry are never poisonous (BlackberryBerry). Holly berries will always be poisonous ( Berry ).
Mushrooms
MushroomGeneric1.png MushroomGeneric2.pngMushroomGeneric3.pngMushroomGeneric4.pngMushroomGeneric5.pngMushroomGeneric6.pngMushroomGeneric7.png
0 Appear in groups of 1-4. Character can identify poisonous mushrooms by starting with the herbalist trait, reading the herbalist magazine, or reaching level 7 in the cooking skill. Mushrooms are significantly more likely to be poisonous than berries, and when they are poisonous they can be up to 5 times as poisonous as berries. No mushroom appearances are always safe or always poisonous. Can be used in stew, pie, soup, sandwich, salad, roasted vegetables.
Edited by Magondivel

12 hours ago, Magondivel said:

Official Wiki for the game https://pzwiki.net/wiki/Foraging

Appear in groups of 2-8. As foraging level rises, more varieties can appear and berries are less likely to be poisonous. Character can identify poisonous berries by starting with the herbalist trait, reading the herbalist magazine, or reaching level 7 in the cooking skill. Blackberry, Blueberry, Winter berry and Beautyberry are never poisonous (BlackberryBerry). Holly berries will always be poisonous ( Berry ).
Mushrooms
MushroomGeneric1.png MushroomGeneric2.pngMushroomGeneric3.pngMushroomGeneric4.pngMushroomGeneric5.pngMushroomGeneric6.pngMushroomGeneric7.png
0 Appear in groups of 1-4. Character can identify poisonous mushrooms by starting with the herbalist trait, reading the herbalist magazine, or reaching level 7 in the cooking skill. Mushrooms are significantly more likely to be poisonous than berries, and when they are poisonous they can be up to 5 times as poisonous as berries. No mushroom appearances are always safe or always poisonous. Can be used in stew, pie, soup, sandwich, salad, roasted vegetables.

This is incorrect. Wiki is written by players, not devs, fyi. Somebody made a mistake :)

3 hours ago, Yana M.D. said:

This is incorrect. Wiki is written by players, not devs, fyi. Somebody made a mistake :)

Thanks, now I know. A question for you, as a connoisseur of the game: how much protein do you need to eat in order to have an increased experience in Strength exercises? I can't find this information anywhere.

Edited by Magondivel

23 hours ago, Magondivel said:

Thanks, now I know. A question for you, as a connoisseur of the game: how much protein do you need to eat in order to have an increased experience in Strength exercises? I can't find this information anywhere.

That would depend on the excercise frequency, not protein consumption. 

2 hours ago, Yana M.D. said:

Это будет зависеть от частоты упражнений, а не от потребления белка. 

I have noticed that diet has an impact on gaining experience from strength exercises. There are days when 9 experience points are given for one repetition in push-ups. And basically it's 6 points.