Plumb from Behind

Shagyee

Currently to plumb a washer or sink the rain barrel must be one story above. I understand it's probably meant for it to be gravity fed, however with plumbing in real life you don't need much slope for it to work, there is different tricks in construction that don't require you to have all the water come from above the house (the water main is underground). I am not a plumber but after walking through a couple houses being built (I am in HVAC) it is extremely easy to figure out and doesn't require much knowledge or experience to be able to do.

With that being said there could be a tradesman trait that gives you a perk that lets you place rain barrels behind and gives you some metalworking skill as well.

It is pretty annoying to try and plumb a sink in your house and you have to have high level carpentry to build a staircase to the roof just to make it work.

20 hours ago, getstoopid said:

To overcome this issue I always live in two-story houses where I can just build a balcony to place the rain barrels.

I know this is a workaround and I have done this, however it is not always possible and I'd like to have a bit more leniency with what I can plumb without making those sorts of compromises.