[2.9.9.10] No Listing Of Craft Mods In Menu Bug

vonVile

I just started making mods to craft different weapons and it seems very hit or miss on PZ listing them to be made. For example I made a Stake Bat, which is a part of my Evil Bats Mod. When testing it it separately it appeared in my menu and after I got all the weird bugs* worked out I moved over to the Tent Spike Bat mod and the Stake Bat suddenly disappears from the menu to be crafted. Stake and Tent Spike are in two separate files.

I installed the Craft Helper Mod to see if it exists and it shows that the Stake Bat mod is in the game, but it just won't display in the menu when I have all the items required to do so.

* I had a problem displaying the Baseball Bat as the item Icon. The code was clean, but it displayed the "?" instead of the Baseball Bat. I decided to cut and paste the line from PZ's "items.txt" file and it worked, even though the text was exactly the same. I don't know if it has something to do with using tabs or spaces, but that shouldn't cause the game to not use the mod correctly.

As I said in the PM try to convert your scripts to plain text, MS Word usually fucks up with all the strange formatting it does ;)

You should get a program like IntelliJIdea or Eclipse if you want to continue to mod. Makes life easier.

Using something like Word for any kind of coding is a pretty ridiculous idea.

The amount of extra markup that can end up added to files, or hidden characters that can end up in amongst the rest of your stuff pretty much makes editing code impossible.

You'd be far better off using a text, or rich text editor, or as RoboMat says in his post, use an IDE like IntelliJIdea or Eclipse.

I can bet that your code was not 'clean' at all (especially if you were using Word!!), and copying from the items.txt got rid of an extra carriage return, line feed, indent, or other non-visual character.

Okay, I figured it out. It was a context bug when it came to capitalization in the recipe code. So I should have my Evil Bats and Pillow Case mods out by the weekend. :)

The thing that I did that messed up the code it that I capitalized the "K" in the word "Keep" because I thought it worked under the same premise as using DisplayName, since the craft display window shows all the code. I wanted the display to look uniform with the capital K, but you can't do that. :(