'Delay processing packet of type 12, 56, 78, 25' When trying to MP

FieryZambie

In my case, clearing personal saves - the folders with "<IP address>_<name>" hasn't solved anything. By not deleting them however you keep your map position and inventory - possibly constructed/placed/interacted items too (for instance cupboards I have previously accessed have the same loot in or lack thereof). Works for both of us who connected to the server so far.

I can confirm that I am getting the exact same issue as Hindrancescorn with the only difference being that I don't use Hamachi.

Here's my report on another thread:

I followed the port forwarding instructions so that I had space for 32 players.
Every one of my friends can connect to my server no problem, including myself.

However!

If I disconnect from my server at any point whether due to world holes, crashes or a genuine disconnect, I am not able to rejoin my server without closing the server and deleting local files associated with it.

As a general rule, I normally enter the game shortly after it says "There was no hope for survival".
However when I proceed with a connection the second time, it gives me the full intro sequence and continues until the music ends.
I am then left with a silent black screen with "Loading" at the bottom.

Out of curiosity I left it running so that my friends could enjoy playing while I went to go pick up the Mrs from work. 30 minutes later it was still "loading".

It is not my firewall settings (before anyone says it) since I can confirm that I can play for as long as I want on the first try, so long as I don't disconnect.
It only seems to be me that is struck by this rule since my friends can connect and disconnect as many times as they like and get straight back in each time.

It's a weird one and I'd love to know a work around in the meantime since we want to record our antics and give this game the publicity it bloody well deserves!

It definitely seems to be related to the server host connecting to their own server, perhaps not at first but definitely thereafter. It's a pity because deleting the servertest folder removes all player-made construction. This is a shame because I can't convince my friends to build anything or experiment with farming because at the first sign of a world-hole or if I disconnect, I'd need to delete the world in order to play again.

It's quite funny actually, they're calling it "Starbound Syndrome"! (Unwilling to invest in later content for fear it'll be wiped shortly after).

Anyway, This has been an incredible first-pass of the Multiplayer so this minor inconvenience is nothing (at least for me) and I'm sure it'll be sorted soon. Just let me know if there's anything else I can supply you with to help out.   :)

On the boat with you Vantus : P

Weird because windows in the area are still covered with sheets for me... Also i'm just using hamachi because my ex-housemates are the only ones who know the router password >.<

Only the first person in works? Everyone else can't get in - so, the server only lets one person in at a time?

Weird because windows in the area are still covered with sheets for me... Also i'm just using hamachi because my ex-housemates are the only ones who know the router password >.<

Only the first person in works? Everyone else can't get in - so, the server only lets one person in at a time?

Nah, every login after the first for me fails regardless of my character save. My friend can log in with me on the server as many times as he wants whereas i'm restricted to one login then subsequent logins having a delayed packet processing error and not loading at all irrespective of whether he is on the server. It may be something to do with my machine because login works without error on his.

Nah, every login after the first for me fails regardless of my character save. My friend can log in with me on the server as many times as he wants whereas i'm restricted to one login then subsequent logins having a delayed packet processing error and not loading at all irrespective of whether he is on the server. It may be something to do with my machine because login works without error on his.

Try revalidating the game, then deleting your savegame. It sounds like something's glitchy with the way your version is saving it's saves.

Try revalidating the game, then deleting your savegame. It sounds like something's glitchy with the way your version is saving it's saves.

Thanks for getting back.

I tried validating my game files and deleting both my character save and (later) my server save. Sadly this didn't fix it.

I actually went the whole nine yards and completely uninstalled Project Zomboid and deleted all associated files.

After a fresh start it still didn't fix the issue.

Here's a step-by-step guide to what I'm doing (with screenshots!). Keeping in mind that I've already successfully forwarded my ports:

1. Launch the Server

jsv06Q2.jpg

2. Wait for server to start then launch Project Zomboid (64-bit), enter the correct IP, Port and a Username. Then join.

3. Success!! I'm on my server and playing without issue. (See just how fabulous my character is!)

FQMGmQG.jpg

4. I check the Player List to make sure I'm definitely online. Aah-yup!

W9Q6Hem.jpg

5. I decide I don't like being quite so fabulous so I decide to come out of the game.

6. I forgot I left a dead rat in the cooker at Baldspot and Kates house, so I decide to go back in to stop it!

(Without closing, restarting or deleting the server)

7. Unfortunately my days of being fabulous are over because I am unable to get back in. I am presented with a forever loading screen.

zmIQ591.jpg

8. I alt+tab to check the console and see this:

LHYxlxb.jpg

9. I cry into my Weetabix.

So there you have it. I'm sorry I didn't have any of my friends around to occupy the server as back up in my screenshots but I can confirm that while I experience all of the above, they can join and disconnect as frequently as they wish, even with new characters.

The only way for me to get back into multiplayer again is to delete the "servertest" folder in my User>Zomboid>Sandbox directory, thus undoing any work we've achieved on that world save. I am then subject to my One-time-connect rule in the new world save. Rinse and repeat.

I hope this helps or at least highlights where it is I am going wrong! :)

^ This exactly, except i'm more of a cheerios guy : P - I guess the only thing we have in common is that we are the ones running the server? Is it on the same machine that you have the server running and the game client like me?

Yep, I host the server in the background and then connect to it on the same machine.

I'm clutching at straws here, but It's almost like it's allowing a one-time pass of my IP, stores it somewhere in the "servertest" folder, then denies any further access to the server via that IP.

Deleting the "servertest" folder wipes it's memory and allows the process to start again.

My friend is having this same issue when trying to connect to my server. He is using shift not caps-lock and has tried deleting the zomboid folder. He let it sit overnight last night (approx. 8 hours) and it still was sitting there with the "delay processing packet" error. Never connected and never crashed.

So far nothing we've tried has worked to make him connect. However I can connect to the server no problem.

I am having the exact same problem as you guys. I can only join my own server once, while my friends can join many times. I can join again only by deleting the world. 

However, I hosted the server on a second pc in my wifi and I joined using it's local IP, and still I could not join a second time. So it's not about the same machine but about the same router? 

Ok so here is some additional testing. We have set up a dedicated server online and I still cannot connect to it a second time. This time however I am using my laptop at a completely different location /router / IP address.

- different machine, different connection, different server, different location, same result.

Things in common:

Zomboid key

Steam login

Java version

Character name

I'm still getting the problem myself and have gone to.. "odd" lengths to try and work out what the problem is.

I've decided to abandon the issue since all leads come to a dead end and everyone else has fallen silent on it or are repeating common fixes that aren't working in my case.

My friends and I are taking a wee break from Zomboid and are waiting for build 25 to see if it somehow fixes it. 

Here's hoping!  :)

Try the IWBMS branch on Steam.

Just tried this.

I connected to my server no problem the first time as it usually does.

I went to try a second time... My eyes widened in hope...

Aaaahhhh-nothing.  Exactly the same problem.

Get into my server and play with my friends but if I disconnect I am not allowed back into the server again until I delete it.

Sad face.  :(

I connected to my server no problem the first time as it usually does.

I went to try a second time... My eyes widened in hope...

Aaaahhhh-nothing.  Exactly the same problem.

Get into my server and play with my friends but if I disconnect I am not allowed back into the server again until I delete it.

Sad face.  :(

Sorry, can you describe exactly what is happening here.  Does the client get to the Loading screen and just stay there?

Or do you get "Connection Failed" when trying to connect to the server?

Hey EasyPickins, thanks for getting back.

I'll just paste my step-by-step from earlier since it sums it up in full.

Thanks for getting back.

I tried validating my game files and deleting both my character save and (later) my server save. Sadly this didn't fix it.

I actually went the whole nine yards and completely uninstalled Project Zomboid and deleted all associated files.

After a fresh start it still didn't fix the issue.

Here's a step-by-step guide to what I'm doing (with screenshots!). Keeping in mind that I've already successfully forwarded my ports:

1. Launch the Server

jsv06Q2.jpg

2. Wait for server to start then launch Project Zomboid (64-bit), enter the correct IP, Port and a Username. Then join.

3. Success!! I'm on my server and playing without issue. (See just how fabulous my character is!)

FQMGmQG.jpg

4. I check the Player List to make sure I'm definitely online. Aah-yup!

W9Q6Hem.jpg

5. I decide I don't like being quite so fabulous so I decide to come out of the game.

6. I forgot I left a dead rat in the cooker at Baldspot and Kates house, so I decide to go back in to stop it!
(Without closing, restarting or deleting the server)

7. Unfortunately my days of being fabulous are over because I am unable to get back in. I am presented with a forever loading screen.

zmIQ591.jpg

8. I alt+tab to check the console and see this:

LHYxlxb.jpg

9. I cry into my Weetabix.

So there you have it. I'm sorry I didn't have any of my friends around to occupy the server as back up in my screenshots but I can confirm that while I experience all of the above, they can join and disconnect as frequently as they wish, even with new characters.

The only way for me to get back into multiplayer again is to delete the "servertest" folder in my User>Zomboid>Sandbox directory, thus undoing any work we've achieved on that world save. I am then subject to my One-time-connect rule in the new world save. Rinse and repeat.

I hope this helps or at least highlights where it is I am going wrong! :)

TL;DNR:

• I host a server on my machine
  • I connect to that server with my friends and play just fine. (Using either "localhost" or my IP)
  • I disconnect from my server (whether optional or because I encounter a world hole)
  • I try to reconnect to my server using the same method as before.
  • I "connect" fine but once the intro text ends, It does not proceed into the game. I just sit with a black screen and "loading".
  • In the console I get "Delay Processing Packet of type 78 while loading game"
  • Only way for me to play again is to delete the server files and start again.

Done!

QAnPMXE.jpg

Server on the Left.

Client on the Right.

Interestingly I don't see anything about Delayed Processing Packets even though I still get stuck on loading.

(Ignore the "discarding frame" messages, that's me alt tabbing.. I think)

We're getting close I think.  Try again with this please.

Hey sorry for the delay in getting back. Sleep happened.

b7ChjWp.jpg

Server Left.

Client Right.

That's using your new "IWBM2" version.

(Thanks again for the continued help! :) )