'Delay processing packet of type 12, 56, 78, 25' When trying to MP

FieryZambie

One more time if you can.  It looks like the socket is blocking, but I don't know yet whether it is on the server or client side.

Here's the result using your IWBM3.zip:

v1frXxd.jpg

Server Left

Client Right

A little different than last time.

**EDIT**

As an experiment, I tried deleting my character and server data (they're backed up elsewhere) and launching a fresh new server with your added files. However it won't let me connect with my normal username (Vantus) on the FIRST try any more, never mind a second.

Oddly, after entering my Username and IP and I click "Quick Join", it flashes with "Connecting" at the bottom for only a second. The message then disappears and nothing happens. As in, I don't proceed to the intro text. I don't even leave the server menu.

So I can keep clicking "Quick Join" and continually prompt a brief "Connecting" message at the bottom over and over.

On occasion though I do get a flicker of "Account Already Exists" before the message disappears which is odd considering I deleted my "<IP>_Vantus" profile along with the servertest folder. It remembers me somehow. Perhaps because I previously used a password with that username? Has it left a log somewhere?

Furthermore! I tried connecting to my previously backed up server using a different Username, one with a password and one without.

Both times I sat on the loading screen as usual. It's like all it cares about is my IP and I can't trick my server into thinking I'm a different person (or connection) even with different usernames and passwords.

It knooooows!  :oops:

So TL;DNR, the 2 main discoveries here are:

• Server seems to remember my "Vantus" Username now, even if I delete that User Profile and "servertest" from the Multiplayer folder and host a brand new server. I get the occasional "Account already Exists" when trying to connect.
  • I can still connect to a fresh server (that I'm hosting) the FIRST time, so long as I use a different username other than "Vantus". (Perhaps using a password in the past has left a remnant file/whitlelist log somewhere that's interfering?)
  • Subsequent attempts to log in after a first successful log in result in the permanent loading screen as before.

The server is trying to send a ZIP file 164271 bytes long to the client.

The client reads 10415 of those bytes before it hangs for some reason.

The "Account already exist" message is returned by the server when you attempt to log in without a password with a recognized username.  Your username/password is stored in the Zomboid\db\world.db database file.

Here's the result of the IWBMS4.zip.

muzScCD.jpg

Server Left.

Client Right.

Different again.
Look, it's "Delay Processing Packet of type 64" this time!

I also noticed a "Type 78" show up once as well but I had already uploaded the screenshot by the time I noticed it.

You might notice a disconnection notification. That's because when I first tried to connect I got "Connection Failed".

When I tried again immediately after, I got in.

As always, I play for a few mins and then disconnect. When I try to reconnect it's just the usual story with the infinite loading.

What you see in the consoles above is what's happening while I'm sitting on "Loading".

Just want to say thanks for your continued help EasyPickins. I acknowledge your tenacity, so thank you. :)

It looks like you had a client successfully in the game, disconnected, then tried to connect again.

EDIT:

Oh right, that's the whole problem you are having.  You can connect one time, but not again until you delete your server folder.

Exactly so.

It's a real sneaky one!

I'm usually very good with port forwarding but am more than willing to admit I'm not always right.

Can somebody confirm that the following port-forwarding set up is correct for a 20 man server?

huY33TF.jpg

I'd hate to think that my troubles are being caused by my own ineptitude!  :geek:

16261 is UDP only, but the others must be TCP + UDP according to http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/6305-27-more/#entry86274

I just forwarded 16262-16282 on UDP as well as TCP and it sadly didn't make a difference.

I am unsure if this next point has any relevance, but I encounter "world holes" fairly regularly when I play.

However my friends do not. In fact they've never seen a world hole yet in our entire time playing.

I seem to be the only one that gets them AND I can only connect to my server once per "world". Is there a connection?

(You can tell I'm clutching at straws here haha)

For whatever reason your client just stops reading chunks from the server.  That explains the endless loading and the black chunks you see.  In your last screenshot, the server sent the whole ZIP file but the client stopped part way through as if there was nothing else to read.

Hmmmmm!

Sounds more like a client thing then. It would make sense, given that my friends can connect to my server an infinite number of times and never experience world holes.

It wouldn't have anything to do with 32-bit / 64-bit .exe variations?

I have Windows 7 and usually run PZ on 64-bit.

Or perhaps it's a Java issue?

Even though I checked Java lastnight and I apparently had the latest build, I'm really stuck for ideas.

Sorry for the double-post but just thought I'd keep up the momentum on this.

When I got back from work I ran a Java verification. It told me I had an "up to date" version but also an "old version that can be removed".

Because my browser is 32-bit, I didn't trust it, so I manually downloaded the latest versions of both 32-bit and 64-bit Java.

Now I'm definitely up to date.

This sadly had no impact on my PZ experience and I still can only connect to my server once per "world".

I've also tried running PZ in compatibility mode and through the 32-bit client exe.

Still no luck.

Thanks for your attempt Fegelein but unforntuantely I've already exhausted those suggestions.

Furthermore, with the IWBMS branch it is not possible to join a game without a username. (The "Quick Join" option is greyed out until you enter a username)

My Wife has just bought the game (Woooo Indie Stone! Woooo!) so we will attempt to host a Multiplayer tonight when I am home from work and see if she shares the same problems as me. This way we can establish whether it is isolated to my machine or something to do with our IP / Router / Ports.

I will post the results later tonight. :)

Thanks for your attempt Fegelein but unforntuantely I've already exhausted those suggestions.

Furthermore, with the IWBMS branch it is not possible to join a game without a username. (The "Quick Join" option is greyed out until you enter a username)

My Wife has just bought the game (Woooo Indie Stone! Woooo!) so we will attempt to host a Multiplayer tonight when I am home from work and see if she shares the same problems as me. This way we can establish whether it is isolated to my machine or something to do with our IP / Router / Ports.

I will post the results later tonight. :)

Are you able to start up a server on your machine and connect via localhost and see what happens? That will at least show if you can connect to any server at all.

Are you able to start up a server on your machine and connect via localhost and see what happens? That will at least show if you can connect to any server at all.

Yeah we've been through quite a lot of options already. But I don't expect you to read back the last few pages of this thread. It's been on going for a while. :)

In short.

I can:

• Host a server on my PC (with fibrewire speed and 4GB allocated to it)
  • Connect to it just fine the first time it starts. (I can connect via "local host", "127.0.0.1" and my external IP. Each works)
  • Have my friends join and play without lag or issue. They can connect multiple times and with new saves / characters

I cannot:

• Connect to my server a second time. (Exiting the server and trying to reconnect results in an infinite loading screen)
  • Connect to my server again until I delete the world save ("servertest" folder)

Other notes:

• I have forwarded 16261 UDP and 16262-16282 TCP + UDP (for 20 man server. Plus my friends can connect which is evidence it works)
  • I have confirmed my Firewall is not blocking PZ 32-bit or 64-bit.
  • It has been noted by EasyPickins that my server is definitely sending packets but my client fails to receive them after a certain amount. Again, this only happens if I try to connect to my server after having previously played on it.
  • I have tried completely uninstalling PZ and deleting all folders and files associated with it to allow for a fresh install.
  • This problem occurs on both "-onlinetest" and the IWBMS branch (build 25)

Okay guys some progress. I'm still stuck, but I've nailed it down.

My Wife could join my server multiple times from her machine on the same public IP.

My Wife can host a game and join it as many times she likes to her own server.

I can only connect to my Wife's server ONCE, then I presented with infinite loading once again.

So ultimately, it's MY client!

I have no idea what to do now. I've reinstalled (and deleted) the game so many times now, so unless there are hidden files in places other than SteamApps and User>Zomboid, I don't know where to go next.

The only differences between my Wife's setup and mine is that she only has Java installed in her Program Files (x86) and is running windows 8.

Where I have both a 32-bit and 64-bit version of Java installed and run Windows 7.

**EDIT**

I just completely removed Java and did a fresh install with only 1 version (rather than both 32-bit and 64-bit) and it had no difference.

So it's not Java.

OHHH MY GAWW!

I got it!!

It was AVG Free AntiVirus all along, the son-of-a-gun! I am absolutely ashamed!

I temporarily disabled AVG in the past but it was at a time where I was testing too many things at once and I may have missed it entirely.

In the end I had to uninstall AVG Free and reinstall the latest 2014 version and now all is perfect!

I just want to apologize to all the people that have helped me with this issue. I feel terrible that I've wasted your time on such a rookie error. Still can't believe it.

For anyone else still suffering the issue, don't underestimate your Virus guard!

My thanks again to the awesome people trying to help me with this.

I'm off to drink bleach now to make up for it

:cool:

So, after pouring through this thread for some answers I find myself frustrated even more. I'm glad that you may have figured out your problem but it is not a solution I can use as I do not use AVG.

Basically I have the same issue. I loaded up on my brother's server this morning for the first time. Everything went well until I died. Because your client decided to close at that point I was forced to attempt to reconnect. That's when things went to shit. 

I can't connect, I get the same error messages that Vantus with the failure to load. Other people can connect to the server and are, as I type, playing on it with no problems. One has avast the other uses norton, I use Microsoft security essentials. I just disabled the real time protection and that did not help the situation. I've attempted deleting the client side for the server ( I do not have access to the server folder since I am not hosting) and running without the real time protection. That didn't help

I've attempted to validate the files. Nothing was corrupt

I've attempted to run in compatibility mod with various OS's selection. Nothing

I've run as admin

I've tried combinations of all of them. 

Basically I am at a loss. I rather like this game and it would be sad to no longer be able to play with my friends.