'Delay processing packet of type 12, 56, 78, 25' When trying to MP

FieryZambie

I have a problem when trying to join a server. When I attempt to join, I am stuck on a loading screen. When I Alt+Tab to look at the console, I see a spam of 'Delay processing packet of type ** while loading game' [** can be 12, 56, 78, or 25]

I will attach a picture of the error.

Please help! I am a huge fan of the game, and one thing I have been desperately waiting for is a multiplayer...

I'm wetting my pants just imagining it! :cry:

post-8337-0-93417200-1392982097_thumb.jp

Delay processing packets is what a lot of people are getting including me, it works you just gotta give it time. ;) Don't worry about any missing animation errors either because that's also irrelevant to letting you play the game

I think the "Access is denied" is the bigger problem. It's because of the username you put in I think, don't put any special characters because it sorta breaks it as of now. For example, my username is: "maddan2014" because I couldn't capitalize it. Hope that helps, it should. :D

I heard about some difference between Shift + Letter and Caps lock + Letter, maybe it's because of that, I always use Shift without any problem, even if my username is Robert Johnson (with a space and 2 capital letter), can you tell us how you type your username ? So I can debug each characters :)

I heard about some difference between Shift + Letter and Caps lock + Letter, maybe it's because of that, I always use Shift without any problem, even if my username is Robert Johnson (with a space and 2 capital letter), can you tell us how you type your username ? So I can debug each characters :)

I have a habit of tapping Caps lock, typing the letter, then turning Caps lock off again

So yeah, I use Caps lock ^_^

try clicking on the folder, and then pressing F2. Historically, that's always been the option to rename something

Doing that works for all other folders, except the one with my name on it :cry:

Any possibility any other non-character keys might cause an invalid character turning up? I have a recollection of alt-tab or something along those lines causing similar issues, it was a fairly long time back though.

Incidentally I remember writing a really, really awfully long,hackish and ugly function for a project for checking general sanity of strings (in a manner that still accepts rarer unicode characters that can appear in names, nicknames, usernames etc), only to come across this beauty afterwards. Did almost exactly what I needed.

FIXED - It was the Caps Lock key.  I always use Shift.  So many people use Caps Lock for one key, that surprises me.

I tried using shift key while writing my username, but nope. Still getting the 'Delayed processing packet 78 'error'. Nothing else. What do?

FIXED - It was the Caps Lock key.  I always use Shift.  So many people use Caps Lock for one key, that surprises me.

I tried using shift key while writing my username, but nope. Still getting the 'Delayed processing packet 78 'error'. Nothing else. What do?
Check your firewall, check your server's firewall, make sure the server you're connecting to isn't full

Check your firewall, check your server's firewall, make sure the server you're connecting to isn't full

I'm hosting the server. I have turned off all my firewalls and only me and my friend were gonna go on the server. We both connected and got to the loading part, but after a while of loading we both get the error. We don't get it at the same time though. We are not at the same place either so I port forwarded correctly and gave him the fight I.P. Been waiting lamost 4 years for this so I'm all kinds of hyped.

I'm hosting the server. I have turned off all my firewalls and only me and my friend were gonna go on the server. We both connected and got to the loading part, but after a while of loading we both get the error. We don't get it at the same time though. We are not at the same place either so I port forwarded correctly and gave him the fight I.P. Been waiting lamost 4 years for this so I'm all kinds of hyped.

Hrm, Ok, try deleting your save folder, it'll be in your Users folder, Zomboid/Sandbox/ (same place as server config)

Hrm, Ok, try deleting your save folder, it'll be in your Users folder, Zomboid/Sandbox/ (same place as server config)

Haha, believe it or not that was the second thing I tried :-P Still have the issue. Really appreciate the help though ;-)

Hello,

Been trying this for two days with similar results (waited for 15 minutes), we are using Hamachi, a VPN client for our connection.

I'm running a server for me and a friend that we can both connect to and use with no error initially. The 'delay packet processing' problem however arises at the second login only but solely for me, the host. My friend has no problem with subsequent logins.

The only solution I have discovered is to delete the servertest folder (the server map files found in Users\<user>\Zomboid\Sandbox\) and then only the first login will work again. Other solutions and troubleshooting have not fixed it thus far, not sure if anyone else experiences this.

Once deleted, the server will create a new map but player locations and backpacks (saved locally?) as far as I can tell remain unchanged - according to what happens to my friends character - I am yet to try it with my character save.

-EDIT- Would like to confirm that for me at least, deleting only the Servertest folder (just rename it to servertest2 if unsure) allowed me to reconnect whilst keeping my inventory and world-placed sheets on windows. Keep your character save folder intact.