Game wont start, LWJGL Error

DDahn

Question

I have a friend who is not able to start his game, we suspect it has something to to with java since his minecraft (java version) wont start either. We tested to start with legacy version in the beta tab and it worked, but the normal version should work if we consider his specs.

Log of the start is below.

Thanks in advance!

Log_PZM.txt

7 answers to this question

According to this link: https://steamcommunity.com/app/108600/discussions/0/4299250686369574967/
There might be a problem on your path. Usually this happens when your game is installed on a folder that has special characters. Maybe try installing the game on a different location?

Edit: I looked again on the logs, the game is installed on "TEMP.─NGELN". Install it on a different folder

13 hours ago, Glitched said:

According to this link: https://steamcommunity.com/app/108600/discussions/0/4299250686369574967/
There might be a problem on your path. Usually this happens when your game is installed on a folder that has special characters. Maybe try installing the game on a different location?

Edit: I looked again on the logs, the game is installed on "TEMP.─NGELN". Install it on a different folder

The game is not installed on the main/os drive but rather on his secondary drive, is it java that he need to install on the other disk or does he need to change the name of his user/user-folder to something without a special character, the character i suspect he has is "ä". Is it possible to change the name of the user-folder?

6 hours ago, Beard said:

This does look like a Java issue, have you tried fully reinstalling Java on your PC? First uninstall the old version and then install the new one.

We have tried to reinstall java multiple times, its not that. When he is starting minecraft with java installed and with it removed he gets the same error, its like java doesnt exist on his computer. It is probably like Glitched said, he has a special character "ä" in the name of his user so his user-folder has a special character, which leads to java not running at all.

I wouldnt know whether that would be an issue for a Java install, though you can try changing where Project Zomboid saves its own logs if it would be an issue for it.
Go to your Steam Library > Right click Project Zomboid > Properties > Set Launch Options > Type -cachedir=C:\Zomboid > Start the game

19 hours ago, Beard said:

I wouldnt know whether that would be an issue for a Java install, though you can try changing where Project Zomboid saves its own logs if it would be an issue for it.
Go to your Steam Library > Right click Project Zomboid > Properties > Set Launch Options > Type -cachedir=C:\Zomboid > Start the game

We tried to use the -cachedir=C:\Zomboid launch option and it still doesnt work. This is what the log says now.

PZ Log.txt

Archived