[Question] How to create or change already existing ANIMATION ?

Captain Juezo

I'm making a new weapon mod, and I crashed into a problem, that I need to make new animations for character, to make models look properly in hands of character. I searched the info about it in the internet and here, at forum. But I didn't find anything usefull. So, here is my question. I need a help with that.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Editing an existing animation is very finicky. The animations are .x files which means you can't use any of the popular versions of blender to do it. I had to use fragMotion (it's free but it makes u recite the bible to use it), and my experience with it was not that great.

The bones for the items in your hand are not attached to them, so its time consuming to make the weapons move with the arms, as it seems theres no equivalent to the 'Child Of' constraint in Blender.

I also attempted to import the .x files into fragMotion and then export it in an intermediate format so u could import it into blender, but the bones were not properly setup when I attempted to use milkshape3d as the intermediate format, and there seemed to be no other options, so I gave up and endured putting a bit more work into working with fragMotion.

If anyone else has more experience with fragMotion or .x files and would like to correct me, please do, as I'd like to know if theres a better way.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/13/2022 at 4:39 PM, Tchernobill said:

Dislaik posted this guide

Sorry for ressurecting this post, but the link is missing. I'm trying to find some resources to study and learn how to change some animations for a mod, and it is surprisingly hard coming across this kind of info (probably because I don't know where to look for, lol).

Can you share some more info about the author so I can look him up here/on Steam?

Searching for "Dislaik" proved fruitless to me

Edit:

It didn't occur to me searching for this kind of content OUTSIDE of this forum. I managed to find some resources that are useful.

I'm not that smart, I guess.

Preparing the model, by Kekdot on YouTube
Implementing the thing, by Tchernobill on Steam (A.K.A. as... you :D, huge thx for making a "backup" of sorts)

Edited by Gui_Doteiro
Found what I was looking for