[41.76][MP][Dedicated] User can sometimes stay connected even after the user has logged out and closed PZ entirely, leading to death while offline.

UdderlyEvelyn

My internet is out right now, and we are using a phone hotspot, so our connection is abnormally unstable and ping spikes to 500ms or 2000ms at random once in a while. One day when I finished playing on my server, I logged out as normal, PZ no longer running. The next day I logged in and was prompted to create a new character. Sometimes losing connection while joining can do this, so I hit back, repeated the attempt, it kept doing this. I looked in players.db and I was dead somehow. I edited players.db and set myself to not be dead, and when I joined I had almost every negative moodle maxed out and low health, and instantly died.

At first I was confused, I thought this had something to do with laggy disconnection but thought it was more of a corruption or glitch issue. However, tonight when I quit out I then had a server restart, and I saw the server log reported me disconnecting even though I'd been gone for some half an hour. I looked further up in the log and it never showed me disconnect when I actually did. Not much to show you due to the nature of the problem.

Edited by UdderlyEvelyn

This has now occurred to another user who has no such known connectivity issue. They logged out and when they went to log back in it prompted them to make a new character. Another user who was able to get in just fine reported that the first was in their car and that the car would not move.

This user's report was a bit inaccurate. They apparently were not seen by the other player to be in a vehicle it just said the seat was occupied, and they apparently logged in with the wrong username. Users, eh? lol..

Can't seem to delete posts so I've striked it through.. The original post is still relevant, that situation was bad and should not occur.

Edited by UdderlyEvelyn

• UdderlyEvelyn changed the title to [41.76][MP][Dedicated] User can sometimes stay connected even after the user has logged out and closed PZ entirely, leading to death while offline.