Bleeding should be more dangerous

Memo

Bleeding can be deadly by itself, but it's so easy to manage it. 

Bleeding in game has no severity (Not counting multiple bleeding from multiple injuries) like scratch and laceration with are moderated and severe severity. 

Bleeding should have severity like injuries mentioned above affecting the player's health depending in how severe the bleeding is. 

A severe bleeding is very deadly and can't be stopped 100% with just a simple dirty rag like it is in game.

Source https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Health/Pages/conditions.aspx?hwid=not12828&lang=en-ca

I suggest adding a mechanic to determine how severe the bleeding is with First aid skill and the need to put multiple bandages on injuries, if not, the bleeding will passtrought the bandage and continue bleeding making the player lose HP even if barely bandaged. 

I also suggest making the character slowly getting anxious when they get injured since Physical health affects Mental health causing PTSD / Anxiety 

Source https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22409991/

That would require levels of bleeding which currently isn't implemented since a simple cut would bleed but could be easily bandaged whereas a cut on the neck or deep cut on your characters inner thigh would be very dangerous.

I agree with you that your character should panic if he is bleeding strongly.

There are deep wounds in game that require stiches, and bleed trough bandages, so there is a level of severity, but strongly agreed that it can be better, and hurting your inner thigh like from barbed wire fence, would kill you almost instantly, without tools and knowledge how to deal with it.

I've bled out a few times.  Come very close a few other times.  My health just kept dropping so quickly and my low skills weren't quick enough.

I don't know if in-game wounds bleed quicker depending where they are on the body.  I always grind first aid to level ten and haven't noticed but haven't paid too much attention. 

The suggestions about severe neck wounds being especially dangerous make good sense.

On 9/22/2022 at 8:31 PM, Laker said:

I've bled out a few times.  Come very close a few other times. 

Sheesh, for a minute I thought you were referring to IRL experiences ... "I nearly bled out from a gushing neck wound once, and it was a near thing, but using a whole box of band-aids, I SURVIVED ..."  XD

Edit:  I've had characters bleed out, or come close, a few times.  It's always a high-stress moment for me when I see the Health icon pinging back and forth when it's too dangerous for me to stop and check wounds.  A neck laceration can bleed you out right quick, and if you don't have bandages ready to go it can get dicey fast.  

Edited by Bullet_Magnate

On 9/23/2022 at 3:36 PM, getstoopid said:

Hmmm really? I actually never managed to bleed out. Thought the only way to wound yourself that much was clumsily stumbling over fences full speed and gutting yourself?

I've only bled out while grinding first aid.  Jumping back and forth through a broken glass window until I had 2-3 cuts or lacerations, then walk bare foot over broken glass which gives deep wounds needing stiches.  Every once in a blue moon, for some reason the wounds would bleed out really quickly and I had low skills or I would have forgotten to have medical supplies on me.  

Now, I just walk over broken glass - the points you get for healing scratches isn't worth using up all the disinfectant in the city.  

On 9/24/2022 at 7:56 PM, getstoopid said:

Wow so you near-flatlined yourself on purpose for a currently pretty useless skill? But... why?! 

Mostly to check of the skill boxes.  But having skill level 10 has saved me.   The speed of the healing actions at that level is hard to keep up with.  I've had 6-7 serious wounds and by the time I clicked on one action and then click on another action, the first action is already completed.   

On 9/18/2022 at 1:01 AM, Memo said:

Bleeding can be deadly by itself, but it's so easy to manage it. 

Bleeding in game has no severity (Not counting multiple bleeding from multiple injuries) like scratch and laceration with are moderated and severe severity. 

Bleeding should have severity like injuries mentioned above affecting the player's health depending in how severe the bleeding is. 

A severe bleeding is very deadly and can't be stopped 100% with just a simple dirty rag like it is in game.

Source https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Health/Pages/conditions.aspx?hwid=not12828&lang=en-ca

I suggest adding a mechanic to determine how severe the bleeding is with First aid skill and the need to put multiple bandages on injuries, if not, the bleeding will passtrought the bandage and continue bleeding making the player lose HP even if barely bandaged. 

I also suggest making the character slowly getting anxious when they get injured since Physical health affects Mental health causing PTSD / Anxiety 

Source https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22409991/

It depends which BodyPart gets wounded
A single scratch to the neck will kill you in game, a laceration to the neck even more quickly.
Head wounds also tend to be higher in damage and can also be lethal

Then I believe (don't quote me on the next part) the damage goes as follows:
Groin wounds being slightly less dangerous than head wounds,

Upper/Lower torso wounds being slightly less dangerous than groin wounds

Then any arm/leg injury.

It's likely more detailed than this but I've definitely died to bleeding though it's usually bleeding combined with being encumbered, tired, and surrounded by zombies.