Unable to connect to servers, and black squares on the map.

Georgeoforce

Hi guys, I recently started playing Project Zomboid multiplayer, and I played it with a friend for about an hour or two with no problems. Eventually we got split up and he died, so we had to restart the server and make a new world to start a fresh. Unfortunately, upon restarting the server, and deleting the server files, I was unable to connect to his server. I did a full uninstall and reinstall, which seemed to fix the problem, but then he was able to go past black areas in the map that I wasn't, as if my game hadn't rendered the chunks of the map.

My internet is completely fine, with 30mb/s down and 2mb/s up I don't see why it would be a problem. We're playing through Hamachi, so I assume port forwarding isn't a problem, but I'm not completely sure. Please help me with this, because I really enjoy this game, and I want to play it more.

George.

If none of the above works try using hamachi that fixed it for my friend.

I said above that I was using Hamachi, but thanks for the input <3

It's also possible your old save game was corrupting the file. Delete your /username/Zomboid folder to delete all of your old saves, this might clear it up.

I've tried that - still nothing.

Whoever is hosting the server, sounds like they didn't forward their ports correctly to allow for Map Streaming. So that might be the problem.

I don't get the black squares on my other friend's port forwarded server, so that's probably the issue. Thanks!