Voices For Your Character

Nowthere27

I think there should be audible dialogue other than screaming for your character.

Like when you please "Q" to get the zombies attention you actually hear your characters say the words rather than just see the text. 

Also they should make audible grunts when using a melee weapon against a zombie. Like "Hyah!" when thrusting an axe against a zombie. I mean, it's natural you're going to let out some audible interjection when violently exerting yourself! 

Grunts of pain and injury would be good too.

The people who could provide these voices could be the same people that do the screaming for the male and female character. 

Another idea is that the radio and tv should have audible voices instead of the muffled mumbling sounds we currently hear in the game. 

I guess whoever voices the tv and radio could provide those voices.

[n]    Voiceover

The reason being, is that it'd be a gigantic pain to hire at least adequate voice actors for multiple characters, we'd be thus extremely limited in creative freedom in writing stories, branching paths, and scenarios easily for NPCs. Things can't be added easily if there's voice acting because it's not just changing text. There's much more to consider. It's  just an unnecessary cost for a small development team who would like the game to be more free and creative with more options, rather than stunted by having to record every single line.

If the game was extremely story focused, it'd be much better but that's not what this game is.

9 minutes ago, MadDan2013 said:

[n]    Voiceover

The reason being, is that it'd be a gigantic pain to hire at least adequate voice actors for multiple characters, we'd be thus extremely limited in creative freedom in writing stories, branching paths, and scenarios easily for NPCs. Things can't be added easily if there's voice acting because it's not just changing text. There's much more to consider. It's  just an unnecessary cost for a small development team who would like the game to be more free and creative with more options, rather than stunted by having to record every single line.

If the game was extremely story focused, it'd be much better but that's not what this game is.

So dialogue counts as voiceover which they said "no" to?

Look I just thought they could do some grunts and short quotes for the character. I wasn't going for cinematic dialogue. 

And I thought, if they could do screams they could do grunts.

5 minutes ago, Nowthere27 said:

So dialogue counts as voiceover which they said "no" to?

Look I just thought they could do some grunts and short quotes for the character. I wasn't going for cinematic dialogue. 

And I thought, if they could do screams they could do grunts.

There used to be exhaustion sounds in the game, but those were removed for being... questionable at best.

Yeah this would certainly count too as it'd be a mismatch. Having dialogue for some things and not for other things would be odd.