Is it possible to modify ISInventoryPaneContextMenu.createMenu (Solved)

Talismon

EDIT: SOLUTION

Checked out the mod "Soul Filcher's Building Time", you can loop through context options and get the option by name:

for i,v in ipairs(context.options) do
	if v.name == getText("ContextMenu_Unequip") then
		unequipOption = v;
		unequipOption.notAvailable = true;
	end
end	

I got crickets from discord too

Description

I created a mod that spawns you with named Dog Tags equipped to your neck, and I added a few sandbox options. 

one of the sandbox options I wanted to include was "Prevent Unequip", but It seems the unequip menu option for Base.Necklace_DogTag is created by the ISInventoryPaneContextMenu.createMenu method in ISUI/ISInventoryPaneContextMenu.lua and I can't figure out how to make a small change to it.

My Code

ISInventoryRenameTags = {};

require "ISInventoryPaneContextMenu"
ISInventoryRenameTags.createMenu = function(player, context, items)

if not SandboxVars.playerDogTags.AllowRename then
        return
    end

local canBeRenamedTags = nil;

for i, v in ipairs(items) do
		local item = v;

if not instanceof(v, "InventoryItem") then
			item = v.items[1];
		end

if item:getFullType() == "Base.Necklace_DogTag" then
			canBeRenamedTags = item;
			cantUnequip = item;
		end
	end

if cantUnequip then 
		local unequipOption = context:addOption(getText("ContextMenu_Unequip"), items, ISInventoryPaneContextMenu.onUnEquip, player); 
		unequipOption.notAvailable = true;
	end

if canBeRenamedTags then
		context:addOption(getText("Rename Dog Tags"), canBeRenamedTags, ISInventoryRenameTags.onRenameTags, player);
	end	

end

ISInventoryRenameTags.onRenameTags = function(tags, player)
    local modal = ISTextBox:new(0, 0, 280, 180, getText("Change Name"), tags:getName(), nil, ISInventoryRenameTags.onRenameTagsClick, player, getSpecificPlayer(player), tags);
    modal:initialise();
    modal:addToUIManager();
end

function ISInventoryRenameTags:onRenameTagsClick(button, player, item)
    if button.internal == "OK" then
        if button.parent.entry:getText() and button.parent.entry:getText() ~= "" then
            item:setName(button.parent.entry:getText());
            local pdata = getPlayerData(player:getPlayerNum());
            pdata.playerInventory:refreshBackpacks();
            pdata.lootInventory:refreshBackpacks();
        end
    end
end

Events.OnPreFillInventoryObjectContextMenu.Add(ISInventoryRenameTags.createMenu);

What I've Tried

The code above just creates a new Unequip option on top.

spacer.png

so I went to look at what creates that original 'Unequip' option, and it lead me to 

trying to figure out a way to modify this IF statement ( ISUI/ISInventoryPaneContextMenu.lua line 681 )

if unequip and isForceDropHeavyItem(unequip) then
        context:addOption(getText("ContextMenu_Drop"), items, ISInventoryPaneContextMenu.onUnEquip, player);
        addDropOption = false
    elseif unequip then
        context:addOption(getText("ContextMenu_Unequip"), items, ISInventoryPaneContextMenu.onUnEquip, player);
	end

and I also tried changing this statement ( ISUI/ISInventoryPaneContextMenu.lua line 152

if playerObj:isEquipped(testItem) then
   unequip = testItem;
end

-- To something like 

if playerObj:isEquipped(testItem) and testItem:getFullType() ~= "Base.Necklace_DogTag" then
	unequip = testItem;
end

I tried copying the entire ISInventoryPaneContextMenu.createMenu method, removing all irrelevant bits, and making the change, but it overwrites the vanilla menu. 

Last thing I tried was looking for a way to target and remove context menu items, but it seems like there's no "context:removeOption()" for lack of a better description. 

Edited by Talismon
solved

• Talismon changed the title to Is it possible to modify ISInventoryPaneContextMenu.createMenu (Solved)
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/13/2022 at 3:01 AM, Talismon said:

Last thing I tried was looking for a way to target and remove context menu items, but it seems like there's no "context:removeOption()" for lack of a better description. 

Hey there,

even if you have already solved your problem, just let me answer for anyone else who will encounter this problem in future as wel..

There is actual a possibility to remove existing context menu items. You just need the correspnding context object.

I'm currently working on finishing an old, unfinished mod from blindc0der. Since it is a build overhaul, I had to remove the vanilla "Build" and "Metal Wielding" objects. You can either overload the build script or do it as follows:

BCCrafTec.WorldMenu = function(player, context, worldObjects)
  -- Remove vanilla menus
  context:removeOptionByName(getText("ContextMenu_Build"));            -- context is an instance of ISContextMenu
  context:removeOptionByName(getText("ContextMenu_MetalWelding"));
  -- Add CrafTec build menu
  -- ...unrelated...
end

Events.OnFillWorldObjectContextMenu.Add(BCCrafTec.WorldMenu);  -- The event will give you the required context

Hope this will help someone else in future

Best regards

stuck1a