Prettier patches with higher Tailoring level

bliss

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, GKuba said:

I like this idea as I stopped bothering with upgrading clothes mostly because it makes them ugly. If the patches were at least placed symmetrically it would already look much better.

I actually like that they are not. Makes it more a "necessity" than fashion ;) But I agree that they should start looking better with higher skill and have higher durability than low-skill-patched.

I agree as well;

I would havefer an expansion upon the idea that at higher levels of tailoring that you could repair clothing with no patch (repair) visibility
Or an alternate functional task of taking a like item and combining it with another to improve the durability, cannibalizing. 

This could let players keep their preferred items while reducing 'trashing' items / inventory excess, have a mid-to-late game skill benefit as well as needing two of the same items to combine makes it so you still have to find the item not only the first time, but a second time.

Real world example is tailors 'season' match clothing repairs, leather jackets, camouflage utilities, etc with similar faded or conditioned material to blend or remove the damaged areas.  

Edited by Akina
grammatical corrections