How do I make a radio tower?

Kwenchinu

Hello,

I am a long time Zomboid player and a couple days ago I started learning the mapping tools, at first things went smoothly, the image to vegetation map on WorldEd is intuitive and smart, the BuildingEd is powerful and I was having a good time. But since yesterday it has been a slow descent into madness as I tried to make more complex stuff.

I thought to myself "hey wouldn't it be nice if I put a big radio tower there" or "hey let's put some military stuff over there for narrative purposes" and I was deeply disturbed by the fact that a lot of furniture is unavailable in the Iso mode of the BuildingEd. So I checked more tutorials, dug into the editor and the tilesets stuff. Apparently a lot of furniture is straight up not available as furniture but only as a bunch of tiles and I have to manually assign and assemble them as furniture in the furniture window.

Needless to say that this is incredibly tedious. But even worse is the fact that some stuff like radio towers is straight up not doable in this window since some parts are meant to be on the same tile but different layers which is not possible there. So I thought "maybe I am meant to draw it manually in Tile mode, make it a tbx and place it in WorldEd instead of as furniture" which would be fine if I wasn't faced with this issue:

576113145_Artboard1.thumb.png.20bb33e6e4ce762d4252c2daa2665257.png

I tried everything, drawing on different layers, different floors, make part of it furniture and part of it tiles but I CANT GET THIS DAMN RED BEAM UNDERNATH THE WHITE ONE, and it's driving me crazy, it's like it's automatically drawn on top or underneath other tiles depending on it's position on the x/y axis regardless of the layers.

Aside from that, am I the only one finding it weird that a lot of stuff is not available as furniture? Like I can understand that a huge radio tower that can be assembled in different ways isn't available as just "furniture" but what about the military crates, industrial vats, tent walls etc? Also, if anyone has a BuildingFurniture.txt or something to give me those missing furniture I'd be forever grateful. 

Edited by Kwenchinu
Typo

• 3 weeks later...