Delay processing packet of type 12 while loading game (console)

estpartaco

my game wont join multiplayer matches and all i know is that i can see delay processing packet of type "x" while loading game (x being a number)

Before you say "its the firewall" its not i have done that several times.

i have tried:

-reinstalling

-firewall

-compatibility

-No username

none worked.

pls help  :(

heres a pic of the problem.

post-8077-0-57363700-1392838231_thumb.pn

Hey, this is a filename problem.  Your username becomes part of the name of the folder where the game is saved.

Make sure your username contains only valid filename characters.

Are numbers valid? I assume letters are, lol.

I just tested this with my server, numbered usernames are not valid characters for a folder name it would seem. Connecting with "Connall" was fine, connecting with "Connall123" was not. So remove numbers I suppose, see how that goes.

Edit: Nope, that was a load of bollocks. Took longer for sure and got packet errors, but it still lets me in. You could remove numbers anyway and see what that does for you.  :???:

I try connecting to a Public Server with the exact name : King and I still get Delay Issue. So the name is not a fix

The problem is there's so many possible solutions, I'm sure there's one still being missed. Hang in there though, I'm sure someone will make your dreams of multiplayer come true. :)

I try connecting to a Public Server with the exact name : King and I still get Delay Issue. So the name is not a fix

The problem is there's so many possible solutions, I'm sure there's one still being missed. Hang in there though, I'm sure someone will make your dreams of multiplayer come true. :)

I had something magical happen... :mellow:  I just tried to join a server, and left the computer (for about 5 minutes) while it "Loaded"... I came back to a character dead on the floor. Maybe it works?

I hope so too, hard to fully test this beast if I can't connect to a server. Testing random things out of desperation.

Funny thing. I tried =scottsm randomly, and it did not give me anything different in the console, like it does when I add 1,2 or 3 to my name. Gonna try some more random symbols. Again, trying random things out of desperation, might be a colossal waste of my time, but I don't care :) Not like I can play anyway, been watching tv while trying to get into any server.

Odd thing happened yesterday. Was helping a server admin to see if people could connect. I could not connect, nor could anyone else that tried. Same errors and all, finally I said "check your ports, 16261-16293... could it be that people are not entering the correct port range? Because I connected perfectly after that with multiple people on the server. I logged in three times over my playing session, and each connected without any delay processing of packet. Just food for thought, maybe we just got lucky?

Odd thing happened yesterday. Was helping a server admin to see if people could connect. I could not connect, nor could anyone else that tried. Same errors and all, finally I said "check your ports, 16261-16293... could it be that people are not entering the correct port range? Because I connected perfectly after that with multiple people on the server. I logged in three times over my playing session, and each connected without any delay processing of packet. Just food for thought, maybe we just got lucky?

It's completely possibly certainly, it all depends on who you have been trying to connect to and how their server setup is. I would wager though it's less of a fact they've configured their ports incorrectly and just that the port range they have was sufficient and now the server is full. The servers have been pretty popular recently, so that's a possible thing.

My "Delay Packet..." issue is Fixed. All I did was try to connect the next day, and I connected. I'm not sure what's causing this issue, nor do I know what the solution is. For now, the only fix is giving it time... (I think)

How long did you wait to connect? I waited for MORE then 50 minutes and no luck.. I tried restarting multiple times.. Please help..

My "Delay Packet..." issue is Fixed. All I did was try to connect the next day, and I connected. I'm not sure what's causing this issue, nor do I know what the solution is. For now, the only fix is giving it time... (I think)

Chances are servers you were connecting to were probably full perhaps.

How long did you wait to connect? I waited for MORE then 50 minutes and no luck.. I tried restarting multiple times.. Please help..

I waited within Seconds. You should see Progress in your Command Prompt (Or whatever it's called) after about 10-30 seconds of Loading. You should see other texts than "Delay Packet" the whole Loading time.