Highlight (and correctly name) objects to disassemble

getstoopid

It would be really helpful if the objects we select to disassemble would be highlighted (and correctly named also!!) because it just sucks that everytime I disassemble a fence in an upper level of my base I risk falling down because it could also be the floor I'm standing on that I'm taking apart. Even it actually is a fence I start tearing down I can't be sure it's the correct one until I finished breaking it, and that is really annoying.

It's not practical to manually name hundreds of thousands of tiles.

If you're just using the right click menu, then do this instead: Click the pickup tool on the left hand side of the screen, go to the last option (disassemble). Use R to rotate through objects on a tile. The highlight + tooltip should be enough.

Tbh I never thought about using the pickup interface for disassembling, I will try that. But then it does mean the code for the feature I wished for is already there... so why not use it in the right-click menu also?

Also there would be no need to "manually name" anything - the items already have names and I'd guess some kind of internal id to identify them in the world?!

Now I tried that and actually use it all the time to disassemble anything - so my suggestion: PLEASE add the same functionality to the right click menu.

This could in my opinion work for all right clicks - tile gets highlighted, so I know this is the tile I wanted as in building and pickup mode. Then I choose the right "tile action" and the dialog opens...