New metod for trade

Jose420

I say to when the npc come out and whit the multiplayer to have a new item that is the money that you can use to trade things whit other npc and whit other players ,  in  server this go to help very much in servers role play this go to change the gameplay because now you can buy a weapon from another player and no changing weapons whit him.

The money will be rare to find because when the infection started the people raid the shops , banks , dinners for money.

You can find money in corpses , buildings , shelf and more places  

JCU1umw.jpg

I also want money to appear in the world, as for it being legal tender? Don't think that is gonna happen, most players in MP would not use money as actual money but more as paper for fire. Sure some societies might arise in MP that uses it as currency, as for npc traders I doubt it.

EDIT: Fixed atrocious spelling.

Edited by Viceroy

I think certain items will become the "currency" of the post-zombie world.  For example, everyone needs food.  Way more useful than coins and paper.  Or maybe more "rare" items will be the standard barter currency, like ammunition or who knows what else.  I'm especially exciting to see what, if any, sort of economy develops in online MP.

Caps were in Fallout, while ammunition in Metro. Not sure if food would be included, even quality food would be more useful internally ;-) Since the whole thing is happening on the ground anything civilised might be consider a no go, since there's a lot of that stuff around. Book of Eli had these wet cloths for cleansing the body, because water was sparse. What about creating something new like coins to a spiffo grabbler machine?

Item bartering = king of trade. 

Bartering is the way to go. Any form of currency is doomed to failure without a standardized system of moderation in place.

Why not 2 metods , When there is no rules the people can use item barting but when in Role Play and other servers the cities rise and the  factions too ,  why not use a system of money? This can help the order in facs and cities

Bartering is the way to go. Any form of currency is doomed to failure without a standardized system of moderation in place.

Why not 2 metods , When there is no rules the people can use item barting but when in Role Play and other servers the cities rise and the  factions too ,  why not use a system of money? This can help the order in facs and cities

Because it's stupid. Money isn't inherently valuable. It has no use at all. If I need shoes, the shoemaker I'm wanting to trade with for some of his stock isn't going to want some useless slips of paper or some pointless bottle caps. No, he's gonna want to trade for something he can use like food or water or tools to make more shoes.

Civilization is what makes money valuable, and this game focuses on the end of civilization. Ergo, the end of currency.

Because in Role Play, if the GM or overseer wants a certain item to be the considered currency (perhaps a money item, or bottle caps, or whatever) then they would/could enforce that in their RP rules/guide.

Therefore bartering would require the 'currency' dictated by the RP rules to be used.

Essentially then, you've got your monetary system and it is entirely pointless adding a forced monetary functionality into the game.

1 Method, multiple uses. (Sorry, 1 metod

There's also a thing that one item can be worth couple of other item. In order to tell how much something is worth you need to find some common denominator, also in "good" 1 cabbage is not equal to 1 watermelon.

Then depending on how much someone has or wants, the price changes as well. In normal situation one shoe can be worth 5 food items, but if your hungry, you might be satisfied even with 2.

Edit: with MP it might not be as important (well maybe for new players), but it will have to be implemented with NPCs, in order to have some rules and not exchange every food they have for some useless junk.

In most oif the cases you won't be able to fill the gap and someone would loose, in that case "coins" come in handy.

Coins are worthless, rather give me nails or berries to fill the gap. Coins can't do anything for a survivor, the value they have is only because all of society agrees and supports it as a 'toke' that is worth a certain amount of labour or time. The moment society collapses this becomes nullified. You might have RP'ers who develop an internal currency system in their own little town. They might even use money they loot eventually. But chances are better that nails are used as money though.

In most oif the cases you won't be able to fill the gap and someone would loose, in that case "coins" come in handy.

Currency. Is. Worthless.

If I went out and took all the money from the bank after the zombie apocalypse gets into full swing, no one is going to give me anything for it. No one will take that money in exchange for food. No one will take the money for nails. If they can use the items they have, they'll keep it or trade it away for something they value more.

The only thing I can see money being used for would be tender for fire and toilet paper.

Once the world ends, no one is going to be dealing in money paper or otherwise. Give it a few hundred years for people to adapt and carve out something resembling civilization again and I can see currency popping back up in some form or another. But within a year or two of it hitting the fan? Not likely.

Coins are worthless, rather give me nails or berries to fill the gap. Coins can't do anything for a survivor, the value they have is only because all of society agrees and supports it as a 'toke' that is worth a certain amount of labour or time. The moment society collapses this becomes nullified. You might have RP'ers who develop an internal currency system in their own little town. They might even use money they loot eventually. But chances are better that nails are used as money though.

That's why I quoted coins, because it would be some sort of a meaningful token, which in numbers get it's value. Nail can be used as a good example of such filler.