[W.I.P] Munch Mania v0.0.3

tazyload

After looking through all the tutorials yesterday I decided to have a stab at my own mod, just expanding and adding to the current food items and the ways they can be used together. With this in mind I'd like to present what I have done so far and what I have planned for the future.

What Munch Mania adds;

• Mayonnaise
  • Cup-A-Soup

• A variety of sandwiches, including tuna, tuna-mayo and egg-mayo (I will get more imaginative soon  :))

vyefyYc.pngF3lVzJl.pnguJ0F5eR.png

• SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM!!!
  • SPAM sandwiches  :D

zY4ey8C.png

• Banana and Choc banana splits

vpBIZbD.pnge5RHbuA.png

• Choc-chip Ice-cream 

E4c4PMo.png

• Rice Pudding
  • Fruity Rice
  • Canned Peaches
  • Cheese & Tomato Sandwich
  • Cheese & Onion Sandwich
  • Custard Powder
  • Bowl of Custard
  • Pie & Custard
  • Twinkie :D

*I will add recipes here ASAP but in the meantime I recommend the Craft Helper mod (http://www.theindiestone.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=15407)

Future additions;

• More snack items
  • Baking cakes/bread.
  • Instant mash :D (will be able to bulk out meals at the cost of boredom/unhappiness)
  • Recipes focusing on farmed crops and food variety even into long-term gameplay.
  • And much, much more.....

Current bugs;

• Item distribution needs work.
  • Buffs/Debuffs need balancing (I pretty much guessed at values based on vanilla items)
  • Sometimes 3 entries will appear in the context menu for crafting an item.

Downloads;

Latest;

Munch Mania v0.0.3

Older versions;

Munch Mania v0.0.2

Installation;

Just take the "media" folder contained in the .zip provided and drop it into your main Project Zomboid folder.

Change Log;

--v0.0.3
*Added Cheese & Tomato Sandwich (Cheese + tomato + bread)
*Added Cheese & Onion Sandwich (Cheese + Onion + bread)
*Added Custard Powder
*Added Bowl of Custard (Custard powder + 2 water + bowl)
*Added Pie & Custard (Bowl of Custard + Pie)
*Added Twinkie :D
*Added rotting values to items that had been overlooked

--v0.0.2
*Added Rice Pudding
*Added Fruity Rice (open rice + most fruit, strewberries needs 2 and melon slices needs 4)
*Added Canned Peaches
*Tweaked Cup-A-Soup recipe to require more water (2)
*Lowered spawn rates for Mayo (both kinds)
*Lowered spawn rates for Cup-A-Soup

--v0.0.1 (formerly known as "Munch Mania test 01")--
*Added Spam
*Added Spam Sandwich (open spam + bread)
*Added Cup-A-Soup (generic, flavours coming soon) (empty mug + water + Cup-A-Soup sachet)
*Added Mayo (full and half-full jars)
*Added Tuna Sandwich (open tuna + bread)
*Added Tuna-Mayo Sandwich (open tuna + bread + half measure of mayo)
*Added Egg-Mayo Sandwich (2 eggs + bread + half measure of mayo)
*Added Banana Split (banana + ice-cream)
*Added Choc-Banana Split (banana + ice-cream + chocolate)
*Added Choc-chip ice-cream (ice-cream + chocolate)
*Mod released for open testing

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you can help me improve my mod to be up to the high standard I have grown to see on these forums so far.

Edit:

If this post needs any tweaks please let me know as I haven't made a mod or done any lua beyond ComputerCraft in MineCraft so this is all new ground for me :) Also I don't get version numbers so am just winging it xD 

Edited by tazyload

I am in the process of testing this in survival, would like some feedback from others on the forum as to the amount of items that appear compared to the original food items.

Tazyload I have noticed the half empty mayo jars tend to spawn more often than other items, it may need to be dropped a tiny bit. 

I have not been able to craft using the additional food items. Will provide feedback on here as soon as I am able. 

I am in the process of testing this in survival, would like some feedback from others on the forum as to the amount of items that appear compared to the original food items.

Tazyload I have noticed the half empty mayo jars tend to spawn more often than other items, it may need to be dropped a tiny bit. 

I have not been able to craft using the additional food items. Will provide feedback on here as soon as I am able. 

I want the half-full jars to appear more than the full ones and only in homes (where they are likely to have been used already) but I will bring down the spawn rate a little in the next release.

Thanks for the rapid feedback :D

I am liking this mod, made cup-o-soup and it works perfectly. You get the same boost as cereal and the like. 

It makes endurance over the long term a little more likely with dry foods to fall back on in month two. 

Thanks Tazyload. 

I am liking this mod, made cup-o-soup and it works perfectly. You get the same boost as cereal and the like. 

It makes endurance over the long term a little more likely with dry foods to fall back on in month two. 

Thanks Tazyload. 

I'm hoping that if I balance the water cost for the dried foods I add, then it will pose a new dilemma, either save your water for thirst and crops or get a quick hunger boost at the cost of more regular trips to the well. 

Updated to v0.0.3

--v0.0.3
*Added Cheese & Tomato Sandwich (Cheese + tomato + bread)
*Added Cheese & Onion Sandwich (Cheese + Onion + bread)
*Added Custard Powder
*Added Bowl of Custard (Custard powder + 2 water + bowl)
*Added Pie & Custard (Bowl of Custard + Pie)
*Added Twinkie :D
*Added rotting values to items that had been overlooked

I realise that I am adding some things that are in my own (UK) cupboard so I am open to suggestions of other items that are in your cupboard at home, I want some items to keep to the american setting but I also recognise that there is a huge non-american following for this game so I'd like to add the odd item from around the world to reflect this. The only restriction is it should be a "long-life" foodstuff and preferably require water in its preparation.

Also I am working on adding the ability to bake your own bread but as I want this to have some heavy risks attached to it I am holding off until I can figure this lua stuff out :D

Thanks to anyone who tries this mod out and any feedback is greatly appreciated :)