BMP to TMX Failed! "Rules.txt", "blends_natural_01_80"

Tagger

Hello all!

I'm trying to chug along on this project of mine and seemingly after downloading the latest tilesets and tools (TileZed, WorldEd), I am getting this error when attempting to run "BMP to TMX":

BMP To TMX Failed!

A tile listed in Rules.txt could not be found.

The missing tile is called "blends_natural_01_80".

Please fix the invalid tile index or add the tileset

if it is missing using the Tilesets dialog in Tilezed.

(while reading Rules.txt)

I found a thread here when researching this which suggested both verifying game files and fully deleting and "reinstalling" the tools. Unfortunately neither seemed to fix the issue. Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the double post but I delved further into this. Specifically where I got the release of the tools that caused the issue (March 14 2022 Release), and way down in the thread someone had the exact same issue as me (two folks actually). Ringo left a suggestion that seemed to work for the first user, but not for me. To be specific my WorldEd Preferences Tiles Directory was always pointing at the Tiles folder of my choice prior to downloading this version.

Just adding this for anyone who may face this in the future.

• 3 months later...
On 9/7/2022 at 5:37 PM, Tagger said:

Sorry for the double post but I delved further into this. Specifically where I got the release of the tools that caused the issue (March 14 2022 Release), and way down in the thread someone had the exact same issue as me (two folks actually). Ringo left a suggestion that seemed to work for the first user, but not for me. To be specific my WorldEd Preferences Tiles Directory was always pointing at the Tiles folder of my choice prior to downloading this version.

Just adding this for anyone who may face this in the future.

Same situaton, tried Ringo's method along with a comment I saw on a YouTube video, and it worked.

What I did:
1.  Download latest tileset from forum, Unzip it somewhere

2.  Create "tiles" folder in TileZed folder, and put everything unzipped in there (including 2x folder, the .tiles file and pngs)

3   Go into TileZed, under Tools, chose tileset

4.  Under Tiles Folder, click the three dots and choose the "tiles" folder under TileZed folder
5.  Now go into World Editor

6.  Under Edit > Preferences, you should see "Tiles Directory"

7.  Click the three dots on the right and choose the TileZed\tiles folder that you have just created

8.  Run BMP to TMX

I hope this is clear enough for everyone.  We need this as a guide somewhere.

Edited by Noxidz