Fire!

Sporange

So I noticed that in MP campfires were a bit buggy (I tested similar problems in singleplayer yet didn't have an issue). My friend and I were setting up base when I created a campfire up on the roof of the large warehouse in Muldraugh. I tried to light the campfire with kindling thrice, but the first two times I didn't have kindling equipped so it vanished and nothing happened. It also appears that campfires are clientside only, as my friend couldn't see or interact with the fire yet I could. (I also got a nasty burn  :cry: )

Then the fire just spread like wildfire, which was amusing but destroyed our base :P

Has anybody else had this problem with campfires?

EDIT: (I understand Multiplayer is in development stages, I'm just reporting bug feedback :))

I started a new world, connected in, started cooking something in the oven, someone logged in and started to try and kill me so I ran while the oven was on. Eventually the house caught fire and after a while people were just logging in and burning to death :cry:

I know! I hate the fire. I think they should just remove fire until they added a way to get rid of it. I had my safe house stacked with guns and food but then as I was cooking bacon a fire started. I had something upstairs so I climbed my sheet rope but he wouldn't climb in the window and instead climbed the walls and then I died. So not only was my house gone but I couldn't get my stuff back because of corpse was outside of the window.

I started a new world, connected in, started cooking something in the oven, someone logged in and started to try and kill me so I ran while the oven was on. Eventually the house caught fire and after a while people were just logging in and burning to death :cry:

I know! I hate the fire. I think they should just remove fire until they added a way to get rid of it. I had my safe house stacked with guns and food but then as I was cooking bacon a fire started. I had something upstairs so I climbed my sheet rope but he wouldn't climb in the window and instead climbed the walls and then I died. So not only was my house gone but I couldn't get my stuff back because of corpse was outside of the window.

This is why you never cook where your stuff is stored, that way if there is a fire it won't destroy everything you have preciously gathered.

This is why you never cook where your stuff is stored, that way if there is a fire it won't destroy everything you have preciously gathered.

I'll try doing that the next time I play! Thanks for helping me out a bit.

I'll try doing that the next time I play! Thanks for helping me out a bit.

No problem :) - I learned this the hard way back in the day, lost everything I had and then starved to death because there was no more food on the map (this was when the first tiny map was in use)

I agree they should remove fire until you can put it out, specially in MP. I was cooking for 2 people, paying close attention so it wouldn't burn the food, I removed the second salmon and put a third without turning off the stove, and it started to burn, burned our safehouse and killed the two of us, because we tried to save our axe, and once you start burning...

Anyway, it's kinda silly how the whole "oven on fire" system works atm, so I think it would be better to just remove it from MP until it's refined. Specially if you consider how easily people can troll with this, even on PvE servers.

Well this is the 2nd map i have had to ditch now because of flaming zombies. Don't think i'm going to bother playing until they patched it started soon as my mate "Accidentally" set fire to the warehouse using the microwave. A few minutes after that pritty much all the zombies had flame sprites stuck on them and some we're setting fire to tree's and buildings.  

2014-03-02_00001_zps741e9822.jpg

2014-03-02_00003_zps6215f19e.jpg

Well this is the 2nd map i have had to ditch now because of flaming zombies. Don't think i'm going to bother playing until they patched it started soon as my mate "Accidentally" set fire to the warehouse using the microwave. A few minutes after that pritty much all the zombies had flame sprites stuck on them and some we're setting fire to tree's and buildings.  

Lmao. That's pretty hilarious.

I agree they should remove fire until you can put it out, specially in MP. I was cooking for 2 people, paying close attention so it wouldn't burn the food, I removed the second salmon and put a third without turning off the stove, and it started to burn, burned our safehouse and killed the two of us, because we tried to save our axe, and once you start burning...

Anyway, it's kinda silly how the whole "oven on fire" system works atm, so I think it would be better to just remove it from MP until it's refined. Specially if you consider how easily people can troll with this, even on PvE servers.

100% agree with this.