[41.73] Car being towed is off

rosedragon

image.png.f1488e4448c62f951b3469e9bee18eed.png

Please reconsider the changes to towing in 41.73. Car being towed and car towing act weird, they goes off the supposed road/ towing direction. I also encounter car being thrown like ragdoll when turning in decent speed but I can't prove this one in a clean no mod save file.

Edited by rosedragon
added video and picture for explanations, changed topic cause cant prove the ragdoll on vanilla

• rosedragon changed the title to [41.73] Car being towed is off

Small car act like 10kg ragdoll. Both cars are 100% condition before taking this test. 

Here is comparison to real life 'epic' car towing accident:

I understand that you should slow down when doing a turn while towing car, but this felt so exaggerated, I am not even speeding with sports car with speed devil or something.

Legal trailers have braking systems  that trigger when you stop your car.

Towing a random car in PZ does not have that feature. Meaning if you try to stop at 80 miles an hour with a 2 ton car being towed behind you. Naturally it won't brake and it will go wildly out of control.

However I will note the car should follow the path of the vehicle towing it in most cases.

5 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

The real life video is improper distribution of weight in on a trailer, causing it to oscillate and the driver failing to react appropriately.

In real life, if you're towing a car with a rope, you probably should never exceed 10-15 mph. You're going 80 mph and making quick turns.

Thanks for replying! My main problem is the first video, the rope acts like a pipe and the car towed always want to stay one car away to the right.

As for the second video, what do you mean 80mph? I rechecked the video and it is between 50-60 mph. If towing shouldn't exceeds 10-15mph in the game, towing a car is an useless mechanic unless you just want to move a wreck out of the street. It does make sense tho to slow down before turning. If 50-60mph making that swing is making sense / realistic / whichever the devs goal is, then the car should have slower swinging on 40mph and 30mph to indicate what would happens if you speed up too much, pretty sure car isn't a sudden ragdoll? 

Edited by rosedragon

20 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

The real life video is improper distribution of weight in on a trailer, causing it to oscillate and the driver failing to react appropriately.

In real life, if you're towing a car with a rope, you probably should never exceed 10-15 mph. You're going 80 mph and making quick turns.

You're focusing on the wrong part of the post. After the change from point to rope physics, towed cars started behaving very weirdly, sliding sideways every time you turn even slightly, instead of facing the car on the front. This leads to the car getting snagged around corners and poles especially if you're trying to maneuver around zombies. This behavior wasn't present on the previous patch and the towed car would face the direction and follow properly the car you're driving