Zahbuhdoo

As a huge fan of Project Zomboid and a server hoster myself, I am currently wondering if anyone (devs, admins, mods, or players) knows the day/month/year we will have multiplayer mods for server hosters. Any hints toward such knowledge is greatly appreciated!

ok, as long as the world does not end on December 21 like the Mayans predicted

but seriously, the whole MP thing is so new, give them time to get it working the way they want before they get mod capability for servers figured out.

As a huge fan of Project Zomboid and a server hoster myself, I am currently wondering if anyone (devs, admins, mods, or players) knows the day/month/year we will have multiplayer mods for server hosters. Any hints toward such knowledge is greatly appreciated!

Well actually, it's already possible to create mods for pz-multiplayer, although they would've to be installed in the source folders instead of via the modloader.

Speaking for myself, I'm going to wait until MP is way more stable until I start modding though. At the moment I feel, that any bigger mod project might need to be over-iterated countless times over the next few months due to changes on the game's side.

There might be some mods that already work, because they only make changes on the client side - For example the coordinate viewer.  Not sure though.

say what?!? where is this source folder? I have been wanting to add the ZSpawn mod in there so badly O_O

I would gladly test mp mod compatability for you guys if i could know that folder

So wait ... you wanted to install a cheating-mod on your client? I guess it's a good thing that you don't know where the source folders are :P

I can confirm it's possible to use mods on MP build, as RoboMat says.

Coordinate viewer, and hacks can be easily used for the sadness of admins :(

Players quite probably won't be able to use mods as of build 25, if the version I'm currently stuck with is anything to judge by.

say what?!? where is this source folder? I have been wanting to add the ZSpawn mod in there so badly O_O

I would gladly test mp mod compatability for you guys if i could know that folder

So wait ... you wanted to install a cheating-mod on your client? I guess it's a good thing that you don't know where the source folders are :P

Not only that, he wants to install a outdated cheat mod. GkS5i4q.gif

I tried getting Erosion mod working on my server, but yeah, not happening right now.

That's probably because at this point in time there's no way to communicate the differences of files to the client. I'm sure the mod might actually be running on the server, but there's no way to send the information to the client. That's kind of the problem right now.

Edit: Maybe if the files were present on client and server, it might work but I highly doubt it. 

I tried getting Erosion mod working on my server, but yeah, not happening right now.

That's probably because at this point in time there's no way to communicate the differences of files to the client. I'm sure the mod might actually be running on the server, but there's no way to send the information to the client. That's kind of the problem right now.

I came to the same conclusion and actually was thinking that before I tried to get it working, but it never hurts to try, right? Also the server log did show that the mod was loaded so you're right, it was running on the server.

Edit: Maybe if the files were present on client and server, it might work but I highly doubt it.

Actually now that I tried that, it works. It's still a hassle for other players though.

edit: Scrap that. It looks it's working client-side only.

• 2 weeks later...

At least have people coordinate to create security mods that overrides some of the functionality of the server like enabling clients to freaking spawn things, destroy things, and such.

For instance, a mod that will kick anyone using cheat mods, and rejects or kicks/bans players who uses code or mods that relates to them.

At least have people coordinate to create security mods that overrides some of the functionality of the server like enabling clients to freaking spawn things, destroy things, and such.

For instance, a mod that will kick anyone using cheat mods, and rejects or kicks/bans players who uses code or mods that relates to them.

The engine doesn't support doing any of this yet.