The map as an item

Kappatao

I think it would be pretty cool to have a sandbox option to have the ingame map as an item. It could then work similar to how belts unlock the ability for a hotbar (except obviously, this being a map that unlocks the ingame map function).

It would create the possibility of people looting your map and getting your map markings in MP (so you might want to think about if you really need your base marked?), almost like a player made annotated map. It would also balance how you can die and magically knowing every location your previous character did (as you would now need to recover your old map to relearn your discovered locations).

Yep.  This could be developed as its currently very simplistic.  Having a simple option for onboarding new players and the above options for experienced players would cover all the bases.  I like the idea of being able to loot a map and all my keys from my previous incarnation.  I already do that for the keys but the map would add additional value to finding my former self.

Knowing that others could loot my map in MP would make it very valuable. 

Edited by CannedRat

• 2 weeks later...