Being able to reverse the direction on sheet ropes.

Irken Empire

To those who don't know/have yet to experience this nonsense when you start climbing the sheet rope you can't stop and go back up nor back down, so in a nutshell once you start climing up you're frozen in a slow animation and if there's a zombie coming he'll evaporate the sheet rope with his eyes and you'll fall down to him/ if you were going down and the zombies were coming you'll have to watch your character slowly crawling his/her way towards the zombies with no way of saving them like for example tellig him to do the oppsoite and go back up the sheeth rope. Also, I know this game is supposed to simulate the colape of humanity and descent to cave man - iron age - medieval period, but there's NO WAY I'd be desperate enough at any point in time to make an unstable trash rope look alike made of my underwear, my neihbours socks and my deceased wife's skirt, I congratulate any "average" Kentuckian who can do this to make an actual working rope thingy able to hold their weight. Worst part is you have actual sturdy ropes in the game that could be 1000% more efficent and realistic with only one use as of now and that is bundling logs :I
There are two things that don't add up and a rework would be appriciated.

4 minutes ago, Jack Bower said:

The sheet rope thing could be as easy as pressing W and S to direct going up and or down. It can be pretty horrifying when you are clearly climbing into death and there's no way to control your character. / Check where climbing will place you because of how the Z levels function.

I thought of it to be something as this too, press w to go back up and s to go back down/slide back down, For me this seems to be sucn an undeveloped / badly made feature. I mean it's a thing, but it's a s if devs said "We'll leave this prototype to bait players into thinking that it's useful before we force their demise upone them because the feature sucks hihihihhi hhahahah hehheheh xoxxooxoxoxo."

Yep. Sheet rope shuld be not use to climb for more than 1 floor. That kind of ropes is not that strong.

U can see if something is on other side of windows so if u climb it its ur own foult.

Chenging animation in middle of it is not something easy. 

We could make that after u climb Window character go on other side without climbing on furniture or leave it like it is now. 

On climbing ropes we could stop on next floor with an option to continue but why finish There? If on road up or Down bulding have more windows that are open or no we shuld have option to break it and get inside.

Programing is not Easy If devs didnt put animation stop on the rope There is reason for that. There is no animation of hanging on a rope only a climb so u can make one and prob devs gladly will add it to game.

So i think adding animation of hanging from windows shuld give an option to get back inside or climb rope down and that option shuld change if on next condygnation of The bulding we still climbing rope hanging in middle of floor untill we end on floor with open Window or ground or back inside. 

Edited by duh7