[41.73][MP] Fake dead zombie animation

CannedRat

This was a pretty vanilla game with some car/trailer mods so nothing that changed vanilla zombie behaviour.

I had an incident with another "fake dead" zed.  I approched a corpse to loot it and when I was standing on it, it went from prone to upright and one-shotted me by tearing my throat out.  My mistake etc, but my point is that there was not visual information of the zombie comming awake and getting up to attack me.  No animation of it moving on the ground, no raising from prone to sitting to getting to its feet like other zombies  that have been knocked down. 

I love that a dead zed could be playing possum but being able to spring fully upright and attack in one frame is just cheating. 

Not sure.  I saw this same behaviour in the MP game when we had no mods installed.  The fake dead zombie just appeared fully upright but I was able to back away that time.  I have added various mods since and have not encountered any other fake dead zombies until this event, so have not had much experience with them.

I have been racking my memory trying to remember if I was distracted or something, but I still don't think so.  As far as I can remember, the zombie was on the floor on its back and then it was upright and I was getting bitten.  I had just walked up to it with the intention of looting it, so I may have missed some animated movment, but I was pretty fixated on what I was doing to get in range to get the inventory to trigger.  The only factor I am wondering about is what zoom level I was at.  I may have been zoomed out too far and missed the detail of the animation.