Mac has the wrong version

jblaze421

OK so i am running a server on my machine and my friend and I were playing just fine last night but then today he wasn't able to connect. After a little forum searching we found out that it is because one of our versions was updated by mistake and our clients were running different versions. We have also determined that it is his system(client) that has the updated version not my system(server). The problem we have now is no matter how many times he has uninstalled, opted out of beta, manually deleted files and reinstalled it still downloads the 958 version not the 956 version.Thanks in advance for the help! =-)

Nothing yet unfortunately. As usual, make sure you verify your game (or reinstall if you want to be super careful) and/or delete your Zomboid folder regularly while trying. Try waiting a long time (10-15 minutes) while logging in. We're still trying to sort exactly what's going on here.

Update- if your game is hanging like this not connecting, it probably means the server doesn't have enough ports open to you- aka the server is full =D

Tell server admin to open more ports, or find a different server. I'm almost certain this is the problem.

Followed the advice you gave to mdp333, that is, changing the SVN number from 958 to 956, and after logging into the server was faced with this error (below).

.Spoon??farming.PotatoBagSeed??d

Errorr.png

Running MP with 2 other people on a private server via hamachi.
cheers

Update- if your game is hanging like this not connecting, it probably means the server doesn't have enough ports open to you- aka the server is full =D

Tell server admin to open more ports, or find a different server. I'm almost certain this is the problem.

I have ports 16261 through 16271 open for my server and its just me and mdp that are connecting. The server console shows him connecting and usually assigns him port 16262 or 16263. We reset the server and he was able to get in but he was still receiving the packet error. Also he would get to a point where the world wouldnt load and he would be confined to a very small portion of the map. Also his right click menu wasnt showing up either.

It's possible he has an old save that's messing with your server, especially if he's connected to that IP before when the server was different. Recommend clearing out his /username/Zomboid folder entirely and letting the game generate a new one- just know that wipes out his single- and multi-player saves if he does.

It's possible he has an old save that's messing with your server, especially if he's connected to that IP before when the server was different. Recommend clearing out his /username/Zomboid folder entirely and letting the game generate a new one- just know that wipes out his single- and multi-player saves if he does.

Hello Rathlord, This fixes the pop up error entirely. I played at least 5 minutes on a public server without getting any error messages.

I'm glad to hear it too!

But it seems as though Build 25 is still out on the Steam PZ onlinetest branch despite me reading something to the effect that Steam's servers should have propagated the changes back to Build 24 by now.

I can't see any definitive post from the devs anywhere on TIS forums regarding what happened, if it's being looked at, and/or how to resolve it.

This is getting really frustrating - MP is totally forked for me and other players right now (including more OSX players than would be expected, it seems).

So won't someone just please tell us something?!  I said "please".

I've been keeping you up to date te entire time =|

We are looking into this, not sure wtf happened but it should be fixed with the next build.

That's all I wanted to hear! Sorry to have moaned, but it's just been a hassle of MP not working since yesterday... so thanks for what you're all doing to fix it.

Mac user here as well that's had some issues here.

@Rathlord: While the team's probably already considering it, it may be good to implement a separate 'Protocol Version', which is only incremented for builds that actually modify the net code, so having asynchronous updates with different version numbers for each OS' build won't break anything.