Moodle animation

dimQ

As we know the Multiplayer is on. You asked us to test it. So after this i of course join to this action )))

When i play with other sirvivors i dont know anything about their mood thing, untill i dont ask about this,but what if that happened in furious battle for territory or suplies, i have no time for talking, or in situation where i shoot into the other sirvivor, i dont even know i missed or hit them... so what about to add some new animation which will show everyone some of your main moodles.

I made a couple of sketches (i know im not the best artist   :evil: )

d5sVZThF.jpg

to avoid overlaps,you can use priority of animations

Here, in descending order:

Infected<<Injured<<Pain<<Panicking<<Exhausted<<Angry

that will be very usefull especialy for MP, for example you see survivor that was infected and you can decide to share a food with him,or not,coz he will die soon anyway, also you can be confused and shoot him   :oops: . that will be more cool and realistic.

Or you guys can just make the moodles of other players to be visible, if they have a medic skill, or some social skill.

But i think animation will be more realistic.

And as another suggestion- be useful to bind text-talk messages like "stop" or "dont shoot". for example dota 2 phrase ring

thx )

I think this is an extremely good suggestion. I don't know how feasible it is to add so many new animations, but the immersion value would be huge. I'd maybe tone down a bit from your images as they are really obvious or maybe use some of them in only the most extreme conditions.

I think this could be possible though, as we have the new 3D animations available and not every single frame needs to be drawn by hand.

On the second idea maybe holding the shout button could open a ring around the mouse and you could choose the message from there.

EDIT: iirc the devs have told that wounds and bandages will be visible in the characters.

I do think it's a good suggestion.

One point I would make is that 'pain' never really appears on it's own - it's a side effect of something else - injured, infected, etc - so wouldn't need it's own moodle.

I alos think that, if implemented, generic sickness should display the same animation as infected, since I think part of the tension is created by not knowing if someone is infected, even if you suspect it.

Loving the way this suggestion is wrote and loving the content as well, this would add a great deal of immersion to the game indeed. The quick shouts are also sorely needed.

And in future when someone asks how to write a proper suggestion, this will be what I link to.

>>silents429

I agree that people is bleeding when hurt, but the ground in multiplayer is paved with corpses and blood,tall grass and rotten food, so this effect is difficult to see.

>>Ewok

in current official version of the game (2.4) the Pain may be present alone, when you have been injured by some factor you will feel pain over time, and also when you heal up your wounds (back to full health bar), injured state is over but pain will remain on some time.

Another lonely pain situation is poisoning or infection. First goes pain (for relatively long period of time) then catching other moodles (disease).

As for HOPE in case where you just get sick but not infected, i think is a important game feature, and god blast me! if i wanted to break it. no no no.How about a late state of infection when you absolutely know that you was infected, and you can see a ZOMBIFICATION state under your hp. And here goes infected animation. You are half zombie,man, so take it ! ))

Damned godd idea. And I do agree that some sort of Battlefield 'Commo-Rose' menu is needed for shouts. Perhaps have only one message on there loud enough to be shout, and the rest is general chatter. Frantically typing awawy while you have a highway of Z on your ass to ask where you're going is really tricky at times.

• 3 months later...