How would I make a mod about engine repair?

Vectivus

The title is a bit short and this is a super specific question but in essence, I feel as if there is a shortage of configurable engine repair mods and I want to do something about it. How would I go about making a mod that just adjusts how much an engine part repairs and would it be possible to make said mod configurable in sandbox setting so that people who use it can easily tweak the values? I'm completely new to modding and I figure in concept this is a simple mod but in practice is probably a lot more complicated. I saw the pinned post about item zed, but even if I were to use item zed to change the value of how much an engine part repaired, how would I make it configurable via the sandbox settings for MP and singleplayer? 

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)

Could anyone provide guidance on where to locate information regarding the creation of a custom illumination mod? Despite extensive searching, I have been unable to locate any materials pertaining to the construction of an object featuring a light source.

Is it even feasible, and if so, could the light source be characterized as a "sun light source"?

To provide context, my objective is to design and fabricate a grow light system for an indoor cultivation facility. If this has been developed previously, I would be delighted to examine it.

Many thanks! phrazle

Edited by literallyseat

14 hours ago, literallyseat said:

Could anyone provide guidance on where to locate information regarding the creation of a custom illumination mod? Despite extensive searching, I have been unable to locate any materials pertaining to the construction of an object featuring a light source.

Is it even feasible, and if so, could the light source be characterized as a "sun light source"?

To provide context, my objective is to design and fabricate a grow light system for an indoor cultivation facility. If this has been developed previously, I would be delighted to examine it.

Many thanks!

The best place to ask is probably the modding discord.

https://discord.com/channels/136501320340209664/1125248330595848192