Whitelist help.

incus

I have followed the steps in the guide.

I am running on a remote server running window 2003 server.

The server runs on but I cant stop anyone from joining.

I have added two people to the whitelist.  When I join under a different name and password. Or just a random name it allows me.

Any Ideas?

I have followed the steps in the guide.

I am running on a remote server running window 2003 server.

The server runs on but I cant stop anyone from joining.

I have added two people to the whitelist.  When I join under a different name and password. Or just a random name it allows me.

Any Ideas?

Slightly vague but have you changed your serverOptions.ini files

Open=true

to

Open=false

?

Yes and it does not allow the whitelisted Names and passwords that I set in the world.db to connect to the server.

I tried running a whitelist and the problem was it never worked for me, so I'm wondering if you have encountered what I encountered? Maybe if someone has been able to set up a successful whitelist they can say how they were able to fix the problem (if there was one for them.)

The Whitelist worked for me. Be aware that the Password is case-sensitive. If you want to connect enter the needed Data and press save, before you try connecting. In the first try i forgot to save and could never connect.

What is the OS of the server you're running?

When did you upload the database? Before the first start by chance? If you start up a new "map" or for the first time the world.db will be overwritten. 

That might be my problem.  I tried to edit the the world.db before the inital run.

So I will have to add whitelists every time I do a server wipe and delete the sandbox map folder?

Holy crap had a lot of traffic last night.  Guess thats what happens when Sacrial and theindiestone retweet your ip.  Damn streamers tweeting my ip ahahaha.  Now just need to lock down the server.  Damn server whole server has almost burned down twice now.

When did you upload the database? Before the first start by chance? If you start up a new "map" or for the first time the world.db will be overwritten. 

No, I didn't set up the DB until after I had run the first world to make sure that the server actually worked. Tried to redo the world.db still refuses to do anything. I don't know, guess I'll keep trying.

Ok what I did was set up a world.db copy on my desktop.  Edited the whitelists.  (Always edit this one)  Run up the server for the first time. (This creates the world.db in the /db directory.)  Now shut down the server. 

Under C:\Users\.....\Zomboid\Server edit the serverOptions.txt.  

PVP=true

PauseEmpty=true(Recommended due to fast time progression ATM)
GlobalChat=true
Open=false

Copy and pasted the world.db from your desktop to the C:\Users\....\Zomboid\db.  this overwrites the one in place.

Run up the server and you should be fine.  

Just always edit the one on the desktop and copy and paste and you will never loose your whitelist information.

When deleting the servertest folder to wipe the map.  This creates a new world.db.  So you will also have to copy and paste the world.db again.

*Note passwords and names are not linked as of yet to your GUID.  So I would recommend everyone has a different password.  I use a random password generator.  Then send the passwords out via PM's  This keeps the whitelist process fast and simple.  Asking the player for there desired password slows down the process.

Hope this works.

Ok what I did was set up a world.db copy on my desktop.  Edited the whitelists.  (Always edit this one)  Run up the server for the first time. (This creates the world.db in the /db directory.)  Now shut down the server. 

Under C:\Users\.....\Zomboid\Server edit the serverOptions.txt.  

PVP=true

PauseEmpty=true(Recommended due to fast time progression ATM)
GlobalChat=true
Open=false

Copy and pasted the world.db from your desktop to the C:\Users\....\Zomboid\db.  this overwrites the one in place.

Run up the server and you should be fine.  

Just always edit the one on the desktop and copy and paste and you will never loose your whitelist information.

When deleting the servertest folder to wipe the map.  This creates a new world.db.  So you will also have to copy and paste the world.db again.

*Note passwords and names are not linked as of yet to your GUID.  So I would recommend everyone has a different password.  I use a random password generator.  Then send the passwords out via PM's  This keeps the whitelist process fast and simple.  Asking the player for there desired password slows down the process.

Hope this works.

Like I said man, I did all this. It just wouldn't work. It's all fine though. :)