What happens when Peak Population is lower than Pop Multiplier?

Spadas

Hi, i was thinking what would happen if i set my Population Multiplier to 2x and Peak Population to 1x
Peak Population supposed to be the end amount of zeds but what happens when it's lower than the Population Multiplier?

On 8/25/2022 at 3:24 AM, Spadas said:

Hi, i was thinking what would happen if i set my Population Multiplier to 2x and Peak Population to 1x
Peak Population supposed to be the end amount of zeds but what happens when it's lower than the Population Multiplier?

Bro I just explained to you in detail how this stuff works like two days ago tf xD

12 hours ago, Ridick said:

Bro I just explained to you in detail how this stuff works like two days ago tf xD

Yeah I thought so. Some people get information in one ear, but they're so busy with something else, not listening, that the info slides out the other ear like butter. 

Make sure you repeat yourself extensively and accept all of their apologies. They just want senpai to notice them. 

Settings #1:

Settings: Zombie multiplier 1.0, Start multiplier 1.0 Peak multiplier 0.1; Peak population day 30

Settings #2;

Settings: Zombie multiplier 1.0, Start multiplier 0.0 Peak multiplier 1.0; Peak population day 30

Let's just assume that town1 gets 111 zombies with all the multiplier settings set to 1.0

Scenario #1;
Player starts the game in town 1. There are 111 zombies.
Player stays inside town 1 for the entire game and never kills a single zombie.
Day 30 hits, Will the zombies now start disappearing?

Scenario #2
Player starts the game in a forest far away.
Player stays in the forest and doesn't kill anything.
Day 30 hits, player moves to town1 (which in the previous game started with 111 zombies).
How many zombies are in town 1?

Scenario #3;
Player starts the game in town 1. There are 111 zombies.
Day 1, player kills all the 111 zombies after this the player never kills a single zombie, then the player stays inside town 1 forever.
Day 30 hits, Did the zombie count increase? zombies respawn around the player?

Scenario #4
Player starts the game in a forest far away.
Day1, player goes to town 1 and kills every zombie, then the player goes to the forest until day 30.
Day 30 hits, player moves to town
How many zombies are in town 1?

Scenario #5
Player starts the game in town 1
Player never kills any zombies, player leaves to hide in the forest, hides for 30 days.
day 30, player returns to town 1

Questions:
Q1. Does the population spawn in at the start of the game?
Q2. Does the population spawn in whenever the player moves to a new area?
Q3. When do the population multipliers/modifiers apply and how?
Q4. What would the results for the 4 scenarious be with the 2 different sets of settings?
Q5. Are zombies spawned in and determined if a player interacts with an area and the game save (remember) how many zombies were spawned in there originally?

Set1:
Scene1:?
Scene2:?
Scene3:?
Scene4:?

Set2:
Scene1:?
Scene2:?
Scene3:?
Scene4:?

On 8/27/2022 at 4:38 AM, Ridick said:

I looked at the previous posts and seems liek you explained how multiplication works, we know how 100 zombies * 1.5 multip[lier makes it 150. But how do the numbers impact the gameplay???

2 hours ago, nigel said:

Questions:
Q1. Does the population spawn in at the start of the game?
Q2. Does the population spawn in whenever the player moves to a new area?
Q3. When do the population multipliers/modifiers apply and how?
Q4. What would the results for the 4 scenarious be with the 2 different sets of settings?
Q5. Are zombies spawned in and determined if a player interacts with an area and the game save (remember) how many zombies were spawned in there originally?

The game uses a cell system to manage the zombies, each cell is a 300x300 tiles grid and zombies periodically migrate and move around inside of their cells (if you have migration turned on). Cells are inactive until the player chunk touches them (the player chunk refers to a 175x175 tiles area centered on the current player location where the game simulates things with a higher accuracy), this means that zombies will only start to spawn on an area once the player is at a certain distance from it, but after the cell is active zombies can still migrate and respawn even if you are far away. Zombies tend not to migrate outside of their cells unless they are chasing the player or investigating sounds. Zombies will never despawn on their own, but they can migrate around and become weaker and slower over time depending on your settings on the 'zombies' tab of the sandbox options.

So:

Q1

Only near you.

Q2

Yes

Q3

The multipliers are global, the only variable is time. Any time the game spawns zombies it will look at your base zombie settings times your base multiplier and then consider how many days it has been since the start of the game. Suppose your start mult is 1x and your peak mult is 2x and peak day is day 10, then on day 1 the game will spawn 1x your zombie pops * your base multiplier, then on day 5 it will spawn 1.5x times that and on day 10 and later it will spawn 2x that. All of this applies to zombies that are respawning as well as zombies that are spawning for the first time in a cell.

Q4

You just have to apply the formula and consider what day it is. Base pop * Pop mult * Mult for the day

Q5

Yes, the game does remember all of the individual zombies and records them on your saved games. They are divided on a cell basis and can be found on the "zpop" files inside the saved game folder.

Thank you!
That makes customizing these settings way diffrent for me!

23 hours ago, Ridick said:

the game does remember all of the individual zombies and records them on your saved games

Ahhh so when a place is re-activated, with previously saved zombies, the amount of zombies added is determined by previous zombies spawned and current settings.

23 hours ago, Ridick said:

Zombies will never despawn on their own

My conclusion from this is: having a lower peak multiplier will make the unvisited places have less zombies, but if I visit a town at the start of the game with 4.0 population start mult and then later when it's at peak day with 0.5 peak mult, then there should still be the initial zombies.
However if I visit a completely new town at peak day with 0.5 peak mult, there will be way less zombies.

okay thanks, the settings in this game should come with a manual XD

1 hour ago, nigel said:

My conclusion from this is: having a lower peak multiplier will make the unvisited places have less zombies, but if I visit a town at the start of the game with 4.0 population start mult and then later when it's at peak day with 0.5 peak mult, then there should still be the initial zombies.
However if I visit a completely new town at peak day with 0.5 peak mult, there will be way less zombies.

This is correct. If you leave the peak multiplier at a very low level and visit a new location after the peak day, say Louisville for example, then when you arrive there you will find very few zombies even if your starter multiplier was high.

Archived